How to Help: Six Ways to Work for Change
Dear PCRM Member,
Many of you have asked for ideas on how to help support PCRM and our critical work. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Host an event for PCRM members or your own friends at your home or a local venue. You might show a brief PCRM video, which we can provide. A PCRM staff member will help you with all of the arrangements, announcements, and program information. Whenever possible, a member of our program staff will attend to provide an update on our work.
2. Bring or send PCRM materials to your elected representatives. If you are in a position to introduce us to them on a more personal level.
3. Bring PCRM and Cancer Project materials with you to your next doctor’s appointment. We have a wide variety of fact sheets and pamphlets on healthy eating for disease prevention and intervention. Doctors are always looking for good informational materials for their waiting rooms.
4. Place an ad in your local newspaper or magazine. One of the most important parts of our work is just getting the word out. Public service announcements, letters to the editor, and news stories about our programs are other good ways that we increase awareness of our efforts.
5. Join the Remembering Rodney Society, PCRM’s monthly giving program.
6. Become a Lifetime Partner in our programs to help ensure that PCRM stays strong long into the future through a planned gift. This can be done by means of a will, trust, annuity, or a variety of other options. If you would like more information or if you have already taken these steps to strengthen our work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-686-2210, ext. 304.
Our members are our lifeblood. Your support, at all levels and in all forms, is what keeps PCRM growing and strong!