21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Last Day Blues!
Created on: 02/23/13 12:34 AM Views: 595 Replies: 3
Last Day Blues!
Posted Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 12:34 AM

This has been such a fabulous 21 day adventure. It was a little sad to get up today and not find a new message. I joined the program on a whim and as an attempt to stop using half and half in my coffee. But in this 3 weeks I've done way more than give up dairy.

I've found it easy to follow the meal plan and inspiring to read everyone's posts. The puffiness around my eyes (that I've attributed to age) has receded, I've lost more than 4 pounds and I have more energy than ever. I love this! I'll definitely be signed up for March.

I've eaten more starch--brown rice, whole wheat pasta, pita pizzas and bread than I've eaten in years (probably since 1993!). I have to say that it made me anxious; for so long I've thought that I need to eat lean protein and avoid anything starchy.I still worry about it but that doesn't keep me from happily dining on my new fare. (Seriously, I went low-fat in the early 1990s. But then it was all white bread, fat-free Entemenn's coffee cake and far free Snackwell cookies.) This feels different. I'm reading everything I can find about a plant-based diet.

Sorry for writing such a long post. I just want to say thank you for such a potentially life changing experience. The journey continues!

PS--The live broadcast/chat about exercise quickies was great too.

RE: Last Day Blues!
Posted Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM

What a wonderful start to a wonderful new life!

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Good for you SailorGirl. Congratulations on the changes you've made.

If you havent read it yet, I recommend Dr McDougall's the Starch Solution. Also his (and wife Mary McDougall) cookbooks have some great recipes.

Cheers,
Christine

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

Posted Monday, February 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Your message was so inspirational - thank you!!!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 430 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: joent

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org