21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Who's signing up for November's Kickstart? :)
Created on: 10/26/13 11:46 AM Views: 956 Replies: 7
Who's signing up for November's Kickstart? :)
Posted Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Hi all,

I've signed up for November's Kickstart - who's with me? Smile

I wasn't able to be totally vegan for the October Kickstart - I'm still working on the whole dairy thing. But I still feel like it helped me tremendously in moving closer towards being vegan. I've also been reading up as much as possible on the animal welfare/environmental/health benefits of being vegan.

There seem to be more and more reasons to go vegan, and fewer (if any) reasons to not go vegan.

I'm excited about the November Kickstart, and I also look forward to reading other people's posts about their experiences. Very Happy

November is usually such a gloomy month, weather-wise. Who would have thought that I'd be saying I'm really looking forward to the month of November? LOL.

RE: Who's signing up for November's Kickstart? :)
Posted Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Personally I [/u]love[/u] this time of year! I was born and lived the first 9 years of my life in upstate New York with the vibrant colors of the leaves in autumn. Of course I've lived more of my life in the south, South Carolina, where Spring is the prettiest season. Still though, I adore the cooler days of Fall and prefer autumn colors. Not to mention the thrill and joy of approaching Christmas!

Several years I've made a Cornucopia overflowing with squash, gourds, fruits, flowers leaves and branches for my church. Afterwards I use the squash, sweet potatoes, fruits, etc. in delicious meals. No sense in wasting good food!

Jen

Posted Monday, October 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I'm signed up! I did this months ago, felt amazing and sadly Sad have let things slip. I feel so overweight, sluggish, tired and stiff. So...going for it this time; can't wait, getting everything ready. Plus, I know what delicious treats are in store. Yum! Good luck everyone.

Posted Monday, October 28, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I'm signed up! I did this months ago, felt amazing and sadly Sad have let things slip. I feel so overweight, sluggish, tired and stiff. So...going for it this time; can't wait, getting everything ready. Plus, I know what delicious treats are in store. Yum! Good luck everyone.

Posted Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I'm in! I've been back and forth from vegetarian to vegan....this 21 day challenge I hope to stick 100% vegan...its the cheese really......

Love, Live, Laugh

Posted Friday, November 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I have been vegetarian for years and now am ready to go vegan. I have tried this before without success but I am determined this time. I am becoming more and more aware of how much diet determines how healthy we are.

Posted Friday, November 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I'm in too Smile I have been transitioning for over a month. I say transitioning because I am not 100%. I have been EXTREMELY surprised that the difficulty for me turns out to be oil and broth! I get hungry with so low fat and there are some vegetables that I do not enjoy as much roasting/eating plain. I eat a lot of soups because I can make them spicy and tasty and it is easier to eat my veggies without oil this way. It has been no problem for me to stop everything else except bouillon cubes!I thought I would really miss cheese, but that has not been an issue. I also do not like the soups I have made with vegetable broth/bouillon and I have tried 3 different ones. I am going to try Herb Ox vegetable next, since that is the chicken and beef bouillon I grew up with and love. I bought some sodium free Herb ox (chicken & beef) , and it tastes amazing, but I still like salty soups. Unfortunately the vegetable bouillon does not come in sodium free.

Posted Friday, November 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Hello
I'm in tooSmile
I've really enjoyed my first day. I've gone off piste as I'm not very good at following meal plans as I'd rather choose my own meals from books - I'm using Breaking The Food Seduction, Foods That Fight Pain & the website. Also I'm in the United. Kingdom so it's quite difficult for me to find some of the ingredients. I have Chronic Pain so I'm helping it will help relieve that & shift excess weight I'm carrying after having a baby. For me all the wider benefits of a vegan diet are great but somewhat secondary to these core goals.
The things I'm most worried about are cravings, eating at people's houses & eating out...
Good luck everyone x

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 220 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: Lizzie

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org