21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: 21 Daniel Fast - No weight lost
Created on: 01/28/14 07:09 PM Views: 620 Replies: 3
21 Daniel Fast - No weight lost
Posted Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I just finished a 21 day Daniel Fast on Sunday. Now I would like to adopt the vegan lifestyle; however, I did not loose any weight on the Daniel Fast. I am concerned that something is wrong with me. Has anyone else experienced no weight lost on the Daniel Fast.

RE: 21 Daniel Fast - No weight lost
Posted Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 7:17 PM

The Daniel plan may not have as much emphasis on low-fat food choices. We encourage about a 10 percent calories from fat diet, which ultimately means not adding any processed oils, and then of course, being very selective with packaged products. I think you will find each plan complements the other. Think of the Kickstart as a way to make a good plan even better!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 8:05 AM

your body may have gone into conservation mode if you weren't getting enough calories. There's a minimum of about 1200 calories for most people - if you go below that, your body decides that it's a famine and will conserve every calorie to keep you alive in that perceived situation. That's one of the good things about the kickstart, it doesn't restrict calories per se - you eat when you are hungry and stop when you are done; the hard part is recognizing those feelings of hungry and satisfied (not stuffed).

--DebR

Posted Monday, February 10, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Deb, you are so right about learning to tell when you are hungry. I noticed last week that my 'mystery' cravings had decreased significantly. I say mystery because I can never tell what I want -- just that I want to eat something. Now, more often than not, I know when I am hungry and what will satisfy me.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 340 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org