21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: New
Created on: 03/07/13 12:50 PM Views: 1675 Replies: 11
New
Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I'm new and really want to change my life around. I'm 45lbs heavier then I should be, have high cholesteral and feel tired all the time. I love animals. I have three dogs and one cat and would have more if my finances allowed....I want to be part of something great! I know the decesion to go Vegan is not and easy one but I also know making the decesion to die is even worst. I'm excited about my new lifestyle and hope to get encouragement from everyone who shares the same life style.

RE: New
Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM

It is great that you joined the plant based diet Maryal22 Very Happy
I am not eating animal products for about 6 weeks and I enjoy every meal. It is the best thing I ever did for myself.
Wish you good luck Very Happy

Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM

That is great! Congratulations! I'm nervous but excited!

Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 2:11 PM

You'll do great! Just remember to think long-term. The diet has been wonderful for both my husband and me.

Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM

You've come to the right place! Support, answers to questions, shared experiences, and recipes - you'll find it all right here. Becoming a vegan and learning about whole-food nutrition is one of the best things I've done for myself and my family.

- Amanda
Be the change you wish to see in the world...

Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Definitely the best thing my husband and i ever did for ourselves.. as long as you follow a healthy vegan diet you will do great.. it gets easier the more you do it..

Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 4:01 PM

unfortunatly my husband will not make that step right now. I also have 2 teenagers and they too will not try it right now. I know with time they to will come around. Wink

Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Two weeks after we were married, i decided to try this "kickstart thing"... heck i thought it was vegetarian! I didn't even know exactly what it all was about except there was no meat. For a long time I had wanted to try a vegetarian diet.

anyhow.. my husband at first pitched a fit. (figure of speech) He said "i am going to eat meat!" I said "ok.. i am having veggies and grains. I can cook you a chicken breast or hamburg.. whatever, no big deal" He seemed happy with that.

A couple of days later, he comes to me to say .. "I will eat whatever i want for breakfast & lunch. Then i will eat whatver you cook for dinner. AFter all, i know it will be food." Turns out breakfast for him was already vegan (toast & peanut butter w/chocolate almond milk) Lunch turned out to be leftover dinner... So he was slowly vegan...

After a few weeks, I wasn't home for dinner one night; he went and bought MEAT. Hamburg & Steak... cooked it all.. thinking he was going to have a treat. .. He called me after.. saying it wasn't all he thought it was going to be.. what a let down...

Then he decided to try it for 3 months and go to the doctors for his blood work.. If it didn't improve he was determined he would go back to meat. But he would give it an honest go.

WEll he did go to the doctor.. ALL his numbers improved!! Not only did those numbers improve, but his quality of life did also. He used to have to go to the bathroom wherever we were.. then go again.. Never could sit thru a movie.. had to get up in the night 7-8 times.. never got a good nights sleep. Doctor was talking rotor router.. saying he had put it off long enough.

Let me tell you ... ALL that went away... it's like he is a teenager again. He sleeps thru the night, as long as he doesn't have beer. He doesn't have to know where every bathroom in the city is. He doesn't have to go for hours... sometimes he catches himself saying that he hasn't gone.. and maybe he should... and he certainly isn't constipated either.. lol.

BEST thing we ever did for ourselves!! Keep with it, it is sooo worth it. And who knows.. anyone can try anything for just 3 or 4 weeks.

Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Maryal22 wrote:

I'm new and really want to change my life around. I'm 45lbs heavier then I should be, have high cholesteral and feel tired all the time. I love animals. I have three dogs and one cat and would have more if my finances allowed....I want to be part of something great! I know the decesion to go Vegan is not and easy one but I also know making the decesion to die is even worst. I'm excited about my new lifestyle and hope to get encouragement from everyone who shares the same life style.

Hi Marya122!

You have all the earmarks of moving forward with success - desire, loving animals, being part of something great, and checking in here at the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart. You'll be glad to know that a healthy plant-based lifestyle has enabled me to keep off 50 lbs, so we're almost twins! You can see a pic on my website.

Welcome and so glad to have you here!

Peace and plants,
Lani

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I'm hoping for the same outcome cch22.

Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Wow Lani, I can't wait to say I've lost 45lbs...I'm encouraged!

Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Maryal22 wrote:

Wow Lani, I can't wait to say I've lost 45lbs...I'm encouraged!

You should be Marya122 - there is every reason to feel hope!

Lani

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 495 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org