21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Starbucks options?
Created on: 01/19/13 12:25 PM Views: 1270 Replies: 4
Starbucks options?
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I loved my nonfat latte and haven't had one since starting the kickstart. This morning I thought I'd grab a bite for breakfast after my weight watcher's meeting and wondered what to order. I looked at the food available, everything seemed to have eggs or cheese or milk. I decided to get the soy latte and a plain oatmeal with 1/2 of the raisins. I think that's OK for vegan, but wondered if there's anything else that's OK to eat at a place like Starbucks? I may have to find some kind of vegan snack bar to have on hand in case of "emergency" so I don't have to sit there with nothing while other people eat the goodies. Any ideas?

RE: Starbucks options?
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I wasn't aware Starbucks has a soy latte; I've been staying away from most places like that. I'll have to stop in one to try the soy latte! As far as having something to munch on when there are no vegan options, I take along a piece of fresh fruit like an apple, pear, peach, or plum...something which doesn't need to be peeled...or a small box of raisins.
dodink58 Razz

Posted Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Do they have vegetarian sandwiches where you can just removed the cheese?

I wouldn't trust any of the baked goods.

I've seen trail mix packs there before and fruit. I've also seen 'protein plates' that have hummus and pita bread and veggies but it probably also includes eggs or cheese. You could ask if you could have a custom plate without the animal products.

And while I don't go to Starbucks often, I've always chosen a chai soy latte long before transitioning to a Vegan diet. I just found it tasted better.

Posted Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM

readpr wrote:

I loved my nonfat latte and haven't had one since starting the kickstart. This morning I thought I'd grab a bite for breakfast after my weight watcher's meeting and wondered what to order. I looked at the food available, everything seemed to have eggs or cheese or milk. I decided to get the soy latte and a plain oatmeal with 1/2 of the raisins. I think that's OK for vegan, but wondered if there's anything else that's OK to eat at a place like Starbucks? I may have to find some kind of vegan snack bar to have on hand in case of "emergency" so I don't have to sit there with nothing while other people eat the goodies. Any ideas?

Readpr,

Starbucks has a complete directory online of ingredients for all of their drinks and baked goods here:

http://www.starbucks.com/menu

Hope this helps!

Lani

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

Posted Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM

If I do get a coffee now and then, its from Starbucks with the soy milk. I doubt anything besides their oatmeal is vegan. Well, maybe some of their bagels. Those are usually made with some oil so higher in calories, but not dairy (unless they are the asiago cheese ones Razz). Check out their menu online and/or contact them directly via phone or email.

- Amanda
Be the change you wish to see in the world...

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 162 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org