21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: Fun Reasons To Eat Plants
Created on: 12/01/12 11:23 AM Views: 1744 Replies: 8
Fun Reasons To Eat Plants
Posted Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Here's a link to a video of Heather Nauta describing her Top 10 Fun Reasons To Eat Plants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1wDPRBXvZk&feature=player_embedded

what do you think of the video? did you enjoy it?

do you know any other fun reasons to eat plants?

RE: Fun Reasons To Eat Plants
Posted Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Super cute!! My favorite reason is I can eat soooo much more food and not gain weight!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Monday, December 3, 2012 at 6:25 AM

I can't say that I'm aware of any fun reasons.

Wash your back

Posted Monday, December 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Thanks Susan. Sorry to hear that Theodore. Its been super fun for me to discover all kinds of wonderful food. Eating plants has opened up a whole new world of food for me:foods I never heard of and foods I didn't think I like, and now I love them! Its so much fun to walk through the produce aisle now and be able to name most of the foods when previously I didn't have a clue as to what half of them were. Its totally fun when the cashier asks me the name of what I am buying such as kale when prior to eating plants, I wouldn't have known myself. Its been fun to learn the fresh herbs. I was introduced to the Vitamix through this way of eating and its super fun to make things with the Vitamix...I made peanut butter, raspberry sorbet, and delicous green juice. Eating plants has challenged me to learn how to cook and it has been a blast and a definite boost in confidence to grow in this area. Its super fun to bring things I have made to social functions and get such high compliments. Its really fun to be able to meet the challenge of healthy baking without sugar like with the oatmeal cookies I made this weekend. The kickstarts and this forum have been super fun and the participants are awesome(including Theodore). Ever since I started my first kickstart its been such an exciting and wonderful experience. There are definitely a lot of fun reasons to eat plants.

Posted Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM

theodore wrote:

I can't say that I'm aware of any fun reasons.

I mean, besides the odorless gas.

Wash your back

Posted Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Great video except for the last part about cleaning the toilet not being fun. I would rather clean a toilet vegans have done their business in than a non-vegan. Definately not as smelly and messy.

To ask a seious question though -

What did she use in #6 as a butter/cooking oil substitute?I could not tell what it was she was holding up and putting on her face.

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

Posted Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Great video except for the last part about cleaning the toilet not being fun. I would rather clean a toilet vegans have done their business in than a non-vegan. Definately not as smelly and messy.

To ask a serious question though -

What did she use in #6 as a butter/cooking oil substitute?I could not tell what it was she was holding up and putting on her face.

Posted Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 12:10 PM

For #6, the butter/cooking oil substitute she is using as moisturizer is coconut oil. Thanks for the comment on the video Kiwi.

Good thinking Theodore.

Posted Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Thanks - I was wondering if it was coocnut oil but cvoundlt tell. I need new glasses.

I was reading an interview yesterday that Dr Barnard gave Hallelujah Acres and he mentioned he was not sure about coconut oil yet or how beneficial it was as he was having trouble seperating the commercial marketing messages from the actual research. I do use it myself but I dont use a lot of oils. I still think it better in small amounts than butter or any other saturated fats and many of the seed oils.

http://www.hahealthnews.com/health/avoiding-alzheimers/?utm_source=health_news&utm_medium=email&utm_term=body&utm_content=feature&utm_campaign=20121129

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 338 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org