21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: weight gain
Created on: 12/31/12 06:58 PM Views: 1709 Replies: 4
weight gain
Posted Monday, December 31, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Passed the year anniversary in November of being plant strong. Has anyone else noticed a weight gain? No change in my diet, in fact I have lost my sweet tooth, but 5 pounds have creeped back on.

RE: weight gain
Posted Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Well, you know, it is just math... 2+2=4

But seriously, the same thing happened to me. I lost ten two years ago, then, since the fall, I gained 8 back. It is eating more than I did before, and doing less then I did before. Simple.

There are exceptions... medical conditions that could cause weight gain, thyroid conditions and the like, and it is just a matter of getting tested. More likely, you have changed your habits. Portion control is a big one, or learning to make desserts vegan style!

Smile madeline

madeline yakimchuk
Director: MEET IRENE - An Unlikely Vegan
GRYPHON media productions

Posted Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM

It's always a good idea to assess intake of "calorie-dense" foods (as opposed to nutrient-dense) that may be creeping into the diet. This includes added oils, fats, sugar, and alcohol. Cutting down/out these foods can help get you to your weight goals.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 7:01 AM

I am getting frustrated with the 21 day weight loss vegan kickstart because I am not losing any pound for over a month!!! When I was on protein and vegetable diet, I lost pounds easily What s wrong with 21 day vegan kickstart. Is it real?

Posted Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 7:16 AM

It is for real.

While there are many paths to weight loss, the Kickstart will get you there WHILE reducing your risk for or reversing your symptoms of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, as well as a myriad of other unwelcome but common conditions conditions. That's not something you are going to get with most other diets.

Weight loss will be slow, as it should be, but if you are not seeing anything, I suggest you write down everything you eat. Double check if it complies with our suggestions - no added oils, about 10 percent of calories from fat, eating lots of whole foods (fruits, vegetables, beans, grains), and of course, animal-product free.

Post here where you think you might be having some issues, and I'm sure collectively we can come up with some suggestions to get you to your goals!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 70 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org