21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: Vegan vs Vegetarian
Created on: 12/13/12 11:42 AM Views: 4331 Replies: 12
Vegan vs Vegetarian
Posted Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Lately I have been hearing about a lot of people switching from vegan to vegetarian. Ex: Ellen-she mentioned eating eggs the other day on her show. I've been strictly vegan for over a year now and I don't miss dairy or eggs. It is a challenge to cook without any, but there are plenty of recipes out there.Any thoughts?

RE: Vegan vs Vegetarian
Posted Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 12:02 PM

For optimal health I choose to avoid eggs and dairy. It's not really about if I'm called vegan or vegetarian, it's about what makes me feel good and lets me age as healthy as possible.

Vikki ~

Posted Friday, December 14, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Thoughts? Like "why would someone go back to eating dairy and/or eggs after being vegan for a time?" Could be lots of reasons - some folks don't do a lot of cooking (for various reasons), some folks have a lot of social engagements that make vegan eating more difficult (it's easier to find vegetarian options when eating someplace besides home), some folks no longer have access to certain foods (whether through a move to a new location or because the cost has skyrocketed/budget is stretched). Some folks even simply want an omelette or a bagel with cream cheese occasionally. There are as many reasons to go from vegan to vegetarian as there are for folks who go from SAD to vegetarian to vegan. For my family, we kind of straddle the border - particularly since we're sometimes in social settings where the only food available may have dairy or whatever involved (we try to work around meat dishes but sometimes the soup stock is chicken and there's no way around it).

--DebR

Posted Friday, December 14, 2012 at 1:37 PM

At home we strictly vegan and it's really easy for us. Sometimes, when we go to a doctor's appt and then straight to the shopping center, it's hard. I eat vegan at fast-food restaurants, but sometimes it gets a little old and then I stray.
Overall, I'm happier when I'm strictly vegan.

Posted Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 5:05 AM

Being vegan is not that easy as it includes so many things that we cannot avoid. Like honey is one of the example that we cannot avoid but being vegan will make you avoid it as it is product from honey bees.

Edited 03/13/13 5:06 AM
Posted Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 2:07 PM

When I first decided to give up all animal products.. I actually started out slowly. I have was vegetarian for about a month before going Vegan. I think everybody has a reason on why they choose to live the way they do. I've only been Vegan for a week and some days but I know 100% this is the life I want to live. Even after going Vegetarian my cholesteral was high. My Dr was the one that actually recommended me taking eggs and dairy out of my menu for a while to see what the difference would be with my cholestral. However in this week I've felt better and feel this is how I want to live for the rest of my life. Very Happy

Posted Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM

but planning is key...to be vegan you do have to plan ahead...

Posted Monday, December 9, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I eat vegan at fast-food restaurants, but sometimes it gets a little old and then I stray.

Posted Monday, December 9, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I eat vegan at fast-food restaurants, but sometimes it gets a little old and then I stray.

Posted Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 6:28 PM

linnie81 wrote:

Lately I have been hearing about a lot of people switching from vegan to vegetarian. Ex: Ellen-she mentioned eating eggs the other day on her show. I've been strictly vegan for over a year now and I don't miss dairy or eggs. It is a challenge to cook without any, but there are plenty of recipes out there.Any thoughts?

I think it depends on the person. Some people find it hard to get enough protein while remaining vegan. Sometimes, too, it probably depends on how much time the person has. Going completely vegan requires preparing your own food in a lot of cases. It's hard to "grab something and go" many times.

Posted Monday, August 11, 2014 at 2:24 AM

sign letters

sign letters

Edited 08/11/14 2:26 AM
Posted Monday, August 11, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Raised Air Beds

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014 at 8:51 AM

i like vegan and a iam vegan

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 735 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: Ingrid

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org