21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: September kickstart?
Created on: 08/28/12 08:43 AM Views: 2935 Replies: 6
September kickstart?
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Will it be starting right after Labor Day as usual? I was looking to see if the forum was up yet (it's usually up slightly before the kickstart begins) but didn't see it.

We've kinda slipped and slid a bit over the last several months for various reasons. I'd really like to get back at it and the kickstart 21 days is really helpful as a reminder. We probably won't follow the menu plans exactly (we never have) because we've got some favorites from previous kickstarts that we use routinely (today's dinner, on a downpouring rainy day is red lentil soup!). But, I know new recipes have been added recently, so I look forward to checking it out.

--Deb R

RE: September kickstart?
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Hey! Good to see your "voice" again! Day 1 of Kickstart will be Labor Day, Sept 3. And I believe the new forum will be activated later today or tomorrow. Pre-Kickstart messages should begin tomorrow. Hope to see you and your wisdom on the September 2012 forum soon!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Hi Deb!

I always lurk but I don't think I have ever followed the menu, usually I can't afford it.

I agree the last few months have been rough for me as well. My mother passed from cancer on July 1 and then 12 day later I lost my 13-year-old Boston who was my love sponge. In my grief at first I lost weight, then I gained about 5 pounds, having never gotten off the 25 or so I wanted to lose in the first place.

I don't struggle with staying vegan, just staying away from quantity, snacking and nuts,tofu,avocado.

Each time I start a 21-day Kickstart I hope I will just for 21 day avoid fats and lose weight. Maybe this time I will.

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Very excited. This year has been a hard one to keep on track with little slip ups here and there. Also I was way to willing to appease people. I probably will start a week later since I won't be able to go shopping until after the 7th. I look forward to good food and dropping a few pounds!

Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 4:54 PM

dollgirl wrote:

Very excited. This year has been a hard one to keep on track with little slip ups here and there. Also I was way to willing to appease people. I probably will start a week later since I won't be able to go shopping until after the 7th. I look forward to good food and dropping a few pounds!

You can probably at least do a few vegan meals along in there to 'ease' into things - even simple stuff like whole grain pasta with tomato basil sauce, vegetable soup (with veg base not chicken stock), a colorful stir fry. All vegan and no special shopping required.

--Deb R

Posted Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Bugsmom wrote:

You can probably at least do a few vegan meals along in there to 'ease' into things - even simple stuff like whole grain pasta with tomato basil sauce, vegetable soup (with veg base not chicken stock), a colorful stir fry. All vegan and no special shopping required.

--Deb R

I will definitely be eating vegan until I get the goods lol. I have been since the first kickstart. I just won't be trying any of these recipes for the first week or so.

Though I won't lie I did have this cheese obsession in the beginning of the year. I buckled and had some and you know what it was awful. I was shocked that I found it awful. haha

Posted Sunday, September 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I am new here and ready to start the kickoff but I have a question. As far as the products that we purchase, how come the brand of the product is not listed? Should this be a concern at all?

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 243 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org