21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Waking up dizzy
Created on: 08/07/13 01:38 PM Views: 986 Replies: 3
Waking up dizzy
Posted Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM

While this isn't suppossed to be a site for medical information, I don't know where else to ask this. I'm 54 years old and in perimenopause. Type 2 diabetes seems to run in my family though I've not been diagnosed with it. Not everyday, but often when I get up in the morning I'm dizzy. My blood pressure normally runs about 110/70, and I feel like that's a good number. I'm not underweight but could safely loose 50 or more pounds. Any ideas about what's causing my morning lightheadedness?

Jen

RE: Waking up dizzy
Posted Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Do you think you might be dehydrated?

Posted Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 8:02 PM

This is something you should bring up with a physician. It might be a good idea to check your blood sugars with a morning visit to the doc's office. In the meantime, you could try a small snack in the morning to see if it helps - like a 2ounce shot of juice.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I've got good news and bad news. It's NOT my bloodsugar, that's staying well in the normal range. YEAH! But, it is my blood pressure. As I said earlier my blood pressure used to be about 110/70. Now it's between 130/80 to 145/90. The doctor said he believes it's due to the stress I'm currently under.

My daughter got married in April. Her husband has been out of work more than he's worked (he quits after he's been somewhere for 3 weeks, if not sooner). Her son (NOT this man's son) has said to both my mother and I that Gene (her husband) doesn't like him and he doesn't like Gene. I can't help but worry about what's going on to make my grandson say that!

My parents are 78 & 79 years old and both have been in and out of the hospital several times in the past year. So, I've got financial worries with helping to support both my daughter and parents. Is it any wonder my doctor said he thinks my blood pressure woes are due to stress?

Jen

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 79 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: mihais

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org