21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Going Strong!
Created on: 03/19/13 04:09 PM Views: 1306 Replies: 7
Going Strong!
Posted Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM

So excited I'm still going strong and loving it! I also have two friends who have decided they are going to join me and change their lives as well! I'm so glad to be making and impact with the people around me. How has your change impacted the people around you?

RE: Going Strong!
Posted Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 4:14 PM

we get into interesting conversations more often. And, I've noticed that some of my co-workers will ask me questions if they have a food/nutrition question about something. Laughing

--DebR

Posted Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Bugsmom wrote:

we get into interesting conversations more often. And, I've noticed that some of my co-workers will ask me questions if they have a food/nutrition question about something. Laughing

--DebR

lol... I know. I just tell them... let me get back to you on that! lol Embarassed

Posted Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 1:10 AM

My family is going strong too!
My husband and son are having to buy smaller jeans and pull their belts in many more notches than usual.
I have lost about 15 lbs.
People are starting to notice and ask questions and give advice...
I usually highlight the things no one can argue - like my husband not snoring anymore...
It's super exciting Smile
Also, I highlight my grocery bill savings. You can buy an awful lot of vegetables for the price of a package of meat or fake meat even.
Yay all of us - so happy!

Posted Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I’m loving it. Yet I don’t have the same experience. My roommates are meat eating, crack food addicted, milk by the gallon chugglers and I do some of the cooking. They have turned a deaf ear on me for years. Just old hippie talk.

Yet I have switched white rice for brown rice, I cut out all excess fats and oils. I make more vegetables and grains than meat. I have stopped telling them about the benefits and just demonstrated it by living life and feeling better than when I was in my 20s.

Last night my son asked for me to add beans into this Mexican brown rice/taco flavored/meat dish. Yay!! I live for all the small victories. Yesterday I noticed someone had some of my soymilk. Yay! Baby steps, baby steps.

I personally have dropped over 30 pounds and am less than 5’ tall, so makes a big difference. I’m a walking vegan billboard, always smiling, and living life large. And with all the politics in California about GMOs and just food in general, I think it’s going to be their year…..lol

Keep the faith

Posted Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

It's a great feeling knowing you are doing something for your health and the lives of so many animals... there is no greater reward... I know have 4 of my friends who are going vegetarian and will merge into being vegan within this year... I'm excited for the victories....I still need to loss 45lbs and my neighbor is starting a diet pool. She said to bring ideas on how one can loss weight in a healthy manner so guess what I'm bringing along? you got it....Vegan information...

Posted Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Just finished the 21-day kickstart: I am so excited! I lost 11 lbs and 6 1/2 inches on my waistline.
I feel energized and never hungry not only by eating healthy meals but also by not consuming sugar and animal fats.
Thank you kickstart!! I will stay on the program for the rest of my life...

Posted Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 1:34 PM

[quote="frascati18"]Just finished the 21-day kickstart: I am so excited! I lost 11 lbs and 6 1/2 inches on my waistline.
I feel energized and never hungry not only by eating healthy meals but also by not consuming sugar and animal fats.
Thank you kickstart!! I will stay on the program for the rest of my life...[/quote

Congrats! That is awesome!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 423 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org