21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Ready for February!
Created on: 01/31/13 04:01 PM Views: 1503 Replies: 10
Ready for February!
Posted Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Are you all ready for this February Kickstart? I know I'm excited Smile I was successful with the January Kickstart - I ate so many delicious and filling foods, maintained my body weight (a good thing for me), and dropped a bit of body fat around my hips and thighs.

I plan on continually signing up for these, it helps keep me motivated and on track. Plus I was able to find a friend for this month too.

Anyone out there nervous? Anxious? Excited?

- Amanda
Be the change you wish to see in the world...

RE: Ready for February!
Posted Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I'm excited about it, too! I'm wondering one thing. When does it stop being a "kickstart" and just plain be a lifestyle choice? By saying this I'm not trying to imply that I want to change this format or anything!

Jennifer

Posted Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Is the menu the same for each kickstart? I enjoyed January, but I was hoping to pick up new recipes...

Posted Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM

dodink58 wrote:

I'm excited about it, too! I'm wondering one thing. When does it stop being a "kickstart" and just plain be a lifestyle choice? By saying this I'm not trying to imply that I want to change this format or anything!

Jennifer

I see it as a kickstart for those new to the vegan world or those who want to get back into it. For me, being vegan is now a lifestyle - period. But I enjoy getting the daily emails and posting here because it helps me stay motivated to be healthy (you can be an unhealthy vegan) and I enjoy being part of a community.

- Amanda

Posted Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 9:30 PM

MiniVegan wrote:

Are you all ready for this February Kickstart? I know I'm excited Smile I was successful with the January Kickstart - I ate so many delicious and filling foods, maintained my body weight (a good thing for me), and dropped a bit of body fat around my hips and thighs.

I plan on continually signing up for these, it helps keep me motivated and on track. Plus I was able to find a friend for this month too.

Anyone out there nervous? Anxious? Excited?

MiniVegan,

LOVE your positive energy! I think it's fabulous the way we're offering these every month now - there's no such thing as too much support.

PLUS I'll be offering a Teleclass in February as part of the festivities! You can even sign up now; here's the link:

Kickstart Teleclass February

Hope to 'see' you there! All are invited!

Lani

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

Posted Friday, February 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM

MaryCP1962 wrote:

Is the menu the same for each kickstart? I enjoyed January, but I was hoping to pick up new recipes...

Hit the Resources section and go to the NutritionMD site for more recipes.

--DebR

Posted Friday, February 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I'm ready! After reading the 21 Day Kickstart book, I did really well from July to Nov. I hit some bumps in the road (bad lab work) and became very discouraged at that point. Basically I went back to my normal diet from November until now. Although my regular diet is still very healthy compared to most Americans, it was not vegan by any means. I'm not quite as enthusiastic as I was in July but am going to try again. I appreciate the support and advice I get from this forum and hope to make a go of it this time.

Posted Friday, February 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM

DebB wrote:

I'm ready! After reading the 21 Day Kickstart book, I did really well from July to Nov. I hit some bumps in the road (bad lab work) and became very discouraged at that point. Basically I went back to my normal diet from November until now. Although my regular diet is still very healthy compared to most Americans, it was not vegan by any means. I'm not quite as enthusiastic as I was in July but am going to try again. I appreciate the support and advice I get from this forum and hope to make a go of it this time.

Glad to see you back! Never give up trying Smile

- Amanda

Posted Friday, February 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I'll be in for February, though not starting until Monday. I couldn't do it in January because I was moving, though I did manage to make most of my own meals in my hotel room and avoid eating out most of the time (which was a big money saver).

I am going into the Kickstart on Monday with full force. I have much more control over what food is around me now than I have for the last 2 years, so I'm hoping this is going to make things easier.

Djuna

Posted Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I'm ready, even though..well, it's already been a few days into the month and I admit i've slipped up twice, it's mainly with cheese...Idon't want to give up! I'm hoping to find good substitutes asap, this is a challenge for me. ( it's mainly with those cheese wedges, like laughing cow, or creme cheese. )

If anyone has advice or suggestions how to beat the cheese addiction, I'd love to hear it!

Posted Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 7:13 AM

lovekittens wrote:

I'm ready, even though..well, it's already been a few days into the month and I admit i've slipped up twice, it's mainly with cheese...Idon't want to give up! I'm hoping to find good substitutes asap, this is a challenge for me. ( it's mainly with those cheese wedges, like laughing cow, or creme cheese. )

If anyone has advice or suggestions how to beat the cheese addiction, I'd love to hear it!

Something that might help is to think about what is it about cheese that you like - is it the creamy texture, the saltiness, the tangy flavor, etc? Then look for other options. For instance, a little avocado adds creaminess to wraps, sandwiches, nachos instead of cheese and sour cream. Nut butters can make a good creamy salty topping on bagels and toast. Etc. Figure out what it is you want, and address that, rather than simply defaulting to what you've always done (sometimes easier said than done). If you can find a plant based yogurt that you like, drain the liquid off (via "cheese" cloth lol) and it gets thick and stays a little tangy, similar to cream cheese.

--DebR

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 151 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org