21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: Refrigerator oatmeal?
Created on: 09/16/12 06:49 AM Views: 3246 Replies: 7
Refrigerator oatmeal?
Posted Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 6:49 AM

I think someone posted here about prepping their oatmael the night before.... All ingredients inrto a jar and place in fridge in evening. Old someone re-post with more specifics? Thnk you!

RE: Refrigerator oatmeal?
Posted Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 7:59 AM

I just make a big pot of oatmeal and keep it in the fridge. If you have room, you can put the pot in the fridge and simply heat it up, or put in containers. It saves time. I look forward to my oatmeal! I add frozen fruit, almond milk and stevia!

Posted Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Hi, I think I may have mentioned it in 'Batch Cooking'. What I do the night before is take whole flake or quick oats (1/3 cup)then add 2/3 cup of non-dairy milk. I often choose coconut milk or Almond milk - unsweetened. I add a few spoonfuls of blueberries, banana slices or strawberries to taste and a Tablespoon of chia seeds for some extra nutritional punch. The chia also acts as a gel and makes the oatmeal thicker and more pudding like. I stir all of this up with a spoon in the jar. The next morning, all I do is add a splash of maple syrup for a bit of sweetness. I Put all of this in a mason jar in my fridge. I've had this for breakfast nearly all summer!

Posted Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Thank you! I will be trying this.... Easy and yummy!

Posted Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM

And if you are going to heat it up in the morning, or don't want it 'cold', why put it in the fridge at all? I just leave mine on the countertop. Grains won't go 'bad' overnight and it's easier to heat in the a.m.

Lani

facebook
lanimuelrath.com

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

Posted Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I like it cold in the summer...I find it tastes like a yogurt parfait - without the yogurt, of course Smile

Posted Friday, February 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM

isadoraworkman wrote:

I like it cold in the summer...I find it tastes like a yogurt parfait - without the yogurt, of course Smile

Only in the summer? Its my favrite all over the year
(for 20 years)

Read about buying a new refrigerator

Posted Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

The square of this style of frame selection of color contrast, outer frame edge of the deep color, the middle part of the shallow tone, with feet generous.

perfect Cheap Ray Ban online sale free shipping

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 153 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org