21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: what kind of soymilk do you like?
Created on: 11/26/13 04:03 PM Views: 1028 Replies: 5
what kind of soymilk do you like?
Posted Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM

To stock up for December, I'm planning to get a good soy milk, and I have tried / like Silk's brand, but many people say that they are actually part of the dairy industry? Or that they are not GMO / organic even though they clearly print that on their labels.

What are your thoughts? Is there a particular brand or type you prefer?
Also, thank you for the information regarding the carrageenan concerns! I think it's so hard to make sense of what's good anymore. Every day there is something good and bad to be said about the same foods/drink. So frustrating!

But as long as my carrageenan almond milk isn't killing me...I think I'm fine. =)

RE: what kind of soymilk do you like?
Posted Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 4:07 PM

my favorite is Edensoy Organic Unsweetned Soymilk. It is GMO free, low sodium. It is organic soybeans and filtered water. I buy it buy the case at my food co-op.

Posted Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I never ever drank real milk so never looked for a milk substitute to drink. When I need a milk for cooking I buy unsweetened, fat free, organic, non-gmo soy milk. Eden is one brand, Westsoy is another.

Vikki ~

Posted Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I don't have a favorite either, since I just use a little in my oatmeal and recipes. I use unsweetened lite soy, hemp, rice and almond. I have used coconut milk but it's higher in fat.

Posted Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I like Westsoy because it is lower in fat that others but still has a high protein content.

Posted Monday, December 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM

One of my best purchases was a grain/seed/nut milk maker. They are inexpensive and save a ton of money and give you control over your non-dairy milks. I buy Non-GMO soy beans. You can make blends, like oatmeal and hemp. Mung bean milk is yummy but not a commercial type since it is a slight green color, but wonderful in smoothies. You can control how long you soak your beans, you can even make milk out of sprouted beans. I wouldn't trade my milk maker for anything. I love the freedom it gives me.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 718 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org