21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Who's In For The Kickstart On August 1?
Created on: 07/24/14 01:56 PM Views: 527 Replies: 8
Who's In For The Kickstart On August 1?
Posted Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Hi All,
I'm planning on doing the kickstart on August 1 and I was hoping to find out who else might be joining me.

I actually did very well with a WFPB diet last year for about 5 months. Felt very well and lost weight. But I started to veer off a bit and into a vegan but not low fat diet and less whole foods. I was still losing weight, actually (my fat intake was probably at about 20%, so it wasn't exceedingly high) but I was eating quite a bit of processed foods. Then I discovered I had to move and for the last 2 months I've been planning and preparing and moved last week. It was the first time I ever had to move entirely on my own, so it was quite stressful. Predictably, I totally went off a WFPB diet (though I have been mostly vegan) and have suffered the consequences. I'm now settled in my new place and ready to get back with it.

I'd really love some support. I have a bunch of WFPB books, including the 21 day kickstart book which I'm trying to reread right now. I've got my menu all planned, as I find it easier to follow the guidelines but make my own plan.

Djuna

RE: Who's In For The Kickstart On August 1?
Posted Friday, July 25, 2014 at 8:26 AM

I'll be starting on August 1st as well. After getting a stress fracture from running and being wildly active while overweight for many years, I decided it was time to take on the nutrition issue.
I am hoping that everything will finally fall into place - making myself look like the athlete I am and finally eating in alignment with the values of stewardship I feel for animals and for the planet.
I'm going cold tofurky, from meat-eating and dairy-loving to vegan.
Planning has been happening for the last week or so. Cupboards are cleared and restocked. Family informed (comprised of one meat-eater and one vegetarian). I've been doing a few meal practice runs. I'm really excited about this challenge!

Posted Sunday, July 27, 2014 at 10:47 AM

When you've been on this diet as long as I have you start to lose track of when one Kickstart ends and the next one begins. And I don't meant that in a loss of cognitive function kind of way. I mean it in the sense that it becomes so effortless and automatic and, quite frankly, buffus (TM), that every day becomes a Kickstart day.

Thanks for listening.

Wash your back

Posted Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Thank you for the responses. Sorry I didn't answer sooner. It's been a very busy week. But I'm almost completely prepared. My menu for the next 10 days is done, all the shopping is done, I have provisions, and I'm going to get rid of all the no-no foods later today. I'm really looking forward to this. I've been stressed out and depressed lately, so this will be a nice new start to clean not only my eating habits but my emotional and physical self as well.

Djuna

Posted Friday, August 1, 2014 at 8:09 AM

I'm ready to start, too, Djuna! It has been a stressful summer for me, too. I'm looking forward to doing a bit of self-care for 21 days. I love the sample menu and I have everything planned. Very Happy

Posted Saturday, August 2, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Great to "meet" everyone. 39 year old midwestern USA, here. I'm here for several reasons: Interested in sustainable living, green living, respect for animals and have a host of health concerns I hope to address, somewhat, through improved diet.

I started yesterday, 8/1, as well. This is my first time doing the PCRM program. I was vegan for a time in college and have been a vegan-ish vegetarian on and off for a couple of decades. However, I've never adhered to anything nutritionally sound and I'm looking at this experience with a completely fresh approach, ears open. Looking forward to learning from you all as we go along!

Posted Monday, August 4, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I am in for the kickstart, too. Ate WFPB for six months and like others started back down the slippery slope, have been back on track for three months and just want to keep the momentum going. Just had knee replacement 7/24 and will have the other knee done in a couple of months. The knees are a result of being obese for many years; weight is under control but knees gave out. Look forward to biking and hiking again in a few more months.

Posted Monday, August 4, 2014 at 8:01 AM

I've been eating vegan since around the first of the month. I was recently diagnosed with T2 diabetes, and I am hoping this lifestyle change will help to reverse that.

Posted Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 4:57 PM

djunamod wrote:

Hi All,
I'm planning on doing the kickstart on August 1 and I was hoping to find out who else might be joining me.

I actually did very well with a WFPB diet last year for about 5 months. Felt very well and lost weight. But I started to veer off a bit and into a vegan but not low fat diet and less whole foods. I was still losing weight, actually (my fat intake was probably at about 20%, so it wasn't exceedingly high) but I was eating quite a bit of processed foods. Then I discovered I had to move and for the last 2 months I've been planning and preparing and moved last week. It was the first time I ever had to move entirely on my own, so it was quite stressful. Predictably, I totally went off a WFPB diet (though I have been mostly vegan) and have suffered the consequences. I'm now settled in my new place and ready to get back with it.

I'd really love some support. I have a bunch of WFPB books, including the 21 day kickstart book which I'm trying to reread right now. I've got my menu all planned, as I find it easier to follow the guidelines but make my own plan.

Djuna

Hi Djuna!

How are you doing? Your post caught my eye as I have been reading the research around long term success and getting support. There is a definite correlation, and getting support at the 21-Day Kickstart right here and in the daily messages is huge - it can be critical for many.

Stay engaged, keep having conversations, ask questions and share your ideas. And read those daily message to continue educations and inspiration!

Lani

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 74 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org