21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: I want to start but...
Created on: 03/28/13 04:26 AM Views: 2396 Replies: 14
I want to start but...
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Okay watched the movie and I am dying to start but I do High Intensity exercise and my diet is supposed to be 2700 calories a day, how can I adjust the 21 day jumpstart?

RE: I want to start but...
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 4:29 AM

Also, I have never been vegan before, infact I am an avid meat eater which is what makes me want to change ASAP, I may not even go through the rest of my meat supply Laughing

Also, I have never been vegan before, infact I am an avid meat eater which is what makes me want to change ASAP, I may not even go through the rest of my meat supply Laughing

Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Shouldn't be any problem with 2700 calories at all. Check out Brendan Frazier's page - ultra athlete!

Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Just eat more of everything and you can also probably include occasional servings of things like avocado, nut butters, etc (The higher fat type items). There are no portion sizes so you eat until you're satisfied. And, if you're hungry again an hour later, you eat again.

--DebR

Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Ditto to what my friends said above. You must eat more. Your body will of course be hungrier because of the exercise, so listen to those hunger cues. Have snacks and don't skip meals. More and more endurance athletes are adopting vegan diets because it works. They can train harder, train more often, and win.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I work out hard also everyday. I have more energy now than when I ate meat/dairy. I do have a good rice/pea protein drink, but other than that I just eat...a lot!

Been doing this vegan thing since December and have been amazed how my body has responded. It's awesome!

Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Thanks everyone, I really want to start, but I have my meal replacement shake (a $120 - 30 day supply) with whey in it with about 20 days left that I can just throw away...would keeping that in the diet then switching to a vegan alternative work you think?

Also, I am petrified to give up meat, I think I am going to "start" monday because I just have so much on my plate, so once my current stash is gone, I'm going budget veagan I think...

Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM

One thing that helped my budget and diet was buying a soy/nut milk maker. It's awesome.

The okara, the part left over from making soy milk, can be dried and processed thru a food processor to make protein powder. or it can be used to make veggie burgers too.

I buy organic soy beans in bulk and for a little over half a cup of beans I get a quart of soy milk for about a quarter. It's comparable with other nut milks too just the nuts cost more.

I hope this helps...

Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM

It helps a a little, I have been on this supplement for over a year so I can't give it up but it has a vegan option that I already know I like Laughing

Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Try Brendan Brazier's line of products, they are all vegan and he is an ultra athlete.
Vega

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 479 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: ummsarah

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org