21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: After five days....
Created on: 07/06/13 12:36 PM Views: 1732 Replies: 8
After five days....
Posted Saturday, July 6, 2013 at 12:36 PM

At my weigh-in this morning, I posted a 3 lb. loss! Prior to starting the Kickstart, I had been on a plateau and was totally discouraged. Even better than the loss is the control over food that I now feel.

Now, the funny thing at my WW meeting, my wonderful leader asked how I had broken through the plateau. So, I told the whole group that I had been following a vegan WOE that started on Monday. The group gave a collective "ooooohhhhh" that sounded like they were all saying that it would be too hard to follow.

I had to giggle because I used to think going vegan would be the hardest thing to do, but am finding that I'm having fun with it. I told the group that it required forethought and preparation, but that I am feeling great.

I am posting this to encourage anyone who may be struggling today.

RE: After five days....
Posted Saturday, July 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Were you still following the weight watcher points?

Posted Saturday, July 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Brilliant!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Saturday, July 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM

@CloudsChange: Yes, I was counting points while being vegan.

@Susan: Thanks! Very Happy

Posted Saturday, July 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Congratulations and thanks for the update! While the weight has be coming off slowly, but coming off, I feel I'm still not in tune with "stop when you've had enough". Seems like I could always have a little more...

I realize that this will take some time to honor the body cues. Maybe a count might help for a start.

Congratulations again!

Posted Saturday, July 6, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Thank you for the good news. I am back here and want to get healthy. So glad this is working for you. I know I can do it too. Very Happy

Aleta
Create something everyday.

www email
Posted Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Well done! I walk with dogs too & they are helping me on this path. My old WW leader always said "If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail." I find it very true for this healthy eating. There are not many "fast foods" to resort to, so planning has been my key to success. My timer went off, the spuds & veggies are ready, dinner is served!

Posted Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM

A bit of an update: Although the scale only budged a tiny bit this week, today, I put on a pair of jeans that were so tight three weeks ago that I couldn't zip or button them. Something good is happening! Smile

Posted Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Ha - Indeed!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 430 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org