21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Maintaining weight
Created on: 08/08/14 10:21 AM Views: 661 Replies: 12
Maintaining weight
Posted Friday, August 8, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Hello, I am doing this diet with my husband who has type 2 diabetes. Neither one of us need to lose weight! We love this diet, and we are both benefiting from it, but how can we keep weight on? Thank you, Rebecca Stuart

RE: Maintaining weight
Posted Friday, August 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM

You should not have a problem maintaining your weight if you eat until satisfied. If you simply can't consume enough calories, perhaps if you exercise a lot, for example, then you may need to utilize a few tricks such as consuming more liquid calories, like juice and juice-based smoothies.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Friday, August 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM

If you're eating until you are satisfied and still not maintaining weight, adding just a little bit of nuts/nut butter may help.

--DebR

zwangerschapsfotografie
Posted Friday, August 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM

zwangerschapsfotografie

Posted Friday, August 8, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Um Susan - is the post above spam?

Posted Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM

This message about maintaining weight is not Spam. My husband and I are thin. He has type 2 diabetes. This diet is geared for weight loss as well as reversing diabetes. I was just wondering how to maintain our weight and still enjoy reversing diabetes. I believe the answer is to eat more cooked veggies. Any other ideas?

Posted Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 11:57 AM

This message about maintaining weight is not Spam. My husband and I are thin. He has type 2 diabetes. This diet is geared for weight loss as well as reversing diabetes. I was just wondering how to maintain our weight and still enjoy reversing diabetes. I believe the answer is to eat more cooked veggies. Any other ideas?

Posted Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Thank you for the ideas! I love smoothies! I will try that and include a little nut milk in them. Rebecca

Posted Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Thank you for the ideas! I love smoothies! I will try that and include a little nut milk in them. Rebecca

RE: zwangerschapsfotografie
Posted Sunday, August 10, 2014 at 9:50 AM

joshua480 wrote:

Exactly.

Wash your back

Posted Monday, August 11, 2014 at 8:16 AM

minstrelstreams wrote:

Embarassed I wasn't referring to the original post but to the one *directly* above mine that was just a nonsense word link

--DebR

Posted Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I think you have to modify it a little if necessary. I do not know how.

Posted Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 5:47 AM

If it works for you, and you feel well, just go with it!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 167 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org