21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: 1 April
Created on: 03/28/13 09:52 PM Views: 1796 Replies: 9
1 April
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Looking forward to starting the Kickstart on 1 April. Thanks so much for making this available. Hoping to share how it goes and encourage each other to stick with it.

I am so looking forward to losing a few pounds and just having more energy. I'm going to be using the weight tracker for sure. I've printed out the shopping list and will do some shopping tomorrow. Bring it on!

RE: 1 April
Posted Friday, March 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Welcome!!! I hope you enjoy it and will consider it as a new, healthy lifestyle choice!

Jennifer

Posted Friday, March 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Thanks Jennifer. I've been a vegetarian for a while now and I'm looking forward to being vegan.

Posted Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Hi there,
I'm also looking forward to starting the Kickstart again in April. I have started and failed too many times to count! But I have a plan this time and I've done my shopping and am doing some cooking today and tomorrow. My eating habits have really deteriorated in the past few months (partly due to moving back to the States after being abroad for 2 years). I've developed what I think is candida and also a lot of fatigue. I'm trying to incorporate a balanced approach this time, having beans, grains, and fruits and/or veggies at every meal and keeping things simple.

I'm really looking forward to it!

Djuna

Posted Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Hi Dejuna,

Glad to hear from you and I sure hope that eating as you outlined will help with your fatigue. I've been having difficulty sleeping for the last month or so and I'm hoping this will help with that. In terms of eating better = more energy = energy to exercise = sleeping well. Well, we'll see. It's not meant to be a cure for everything but I have high hopes.

Tonight I made the asparagus, fettuccine and pea dinner (getting a jumpstart on the kickstart). Smile It was pretty good! And now a small glass of choc almond milk to tame the desire for something sweet.

Looking forward to hearing how the next 3 weeks goes for you.

Posted Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Oh and I made the pitta pizzas from the PCRM website for lunch - they were good! Healthy pizza, what's not to like!?

http://www.pcrm.org/health/diets/ffl/newsletter/cleansing-spring-menu#pizza

Posted Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Come to think of it, I wonder if I'm going to sabotage my efforts to lose weight if I drink choc almond milk as as a chocolate substitute? I don't intend to have a lot of it but maybe it shouldn't even be on the menu? I guess I should have some fruit or something instead, but it does tame the old chocolate cravings. Any thoughts?

Posted Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Portion size! Remember moderation and you'll be fine.

Jennifer

Posted Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Thanks Jennifer! It's good to hear that, when the 'choc-monster' arrives, that my go-to solution is ok - in moderation.

Posted Monday, April 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Hi Everyone - we just started the kick start on April 1 - following all of the recipes in the 21 Day Kickstart book - as well as adopting some of my all time favorites to new vegan favorites. Making Mondays as my official weigh-in day ..... happy to report both hubby and I have lost over 3 lbs each. The only one not happy in our household is our great pyrenees - no more meaty left-overs for him - but he didnt seem to mind the black bean chili left-overs...lol so there may be some hope yet for him. Very Happy Always looking forward to a new adventure each day trying each recipe. Tata for now - have some cooking to do Smile
All the best to my new vegan friends - love the forum and support...Karrie

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 191 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: crademan, zachyboopser

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org