21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Nutrional Data for Food - help
Created on: 08/27/13 04:30 PM Views: 1068 Replies: 6
Nutrional Data for Food - help
Posted Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I need a bit of help. Is there a publication that is really good with breaking down nutrients etc. I am going nuts on myfitnesspal because so much of the information that has been input is really incorrect. Rarely does it ever show things like potassium or even correct fats and never shows the good stuff you get out of greens.

I used to have a book that broke that all down years ago but can not remember what it was called.

My friends and I are doing a tracking chanllenge for the rest of the year and let me tell you this does nothing for the vegan diet when it comes up looking incorrect. I am willing to go in and add every single piece of food & meals I make as long as I know what I am entering is correct.

Any suggestions? The internet is so full of contradicting information lol. Never knew how hard it was to track Romaine, celery, Daikon, beets, etc.

*I figured this would be a good chance for them to see what I eat and that I do get all my nutrients and it is vegan. Kind of blowing out the naysayers.

RE: Nutrional Data for Food - help
Posted Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I am partial to the USDA database, but you have to total everything up yourself, unfortunately. It will give you lots of specifics though.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Susan Levin wrote:

I am partial to the USDA database, but you have to total everything up yourself, unfortunately. It will give you lots of specifics though.

Thank You again Susan! That's a great start. I never even thought of that being online haha. I don't mind adding everything up myself because at least I know it will be correct. This is so weird to track food this way. I find it very restrictive, but my friends challenged me haha.

Edited 08/27/13 4:41 PM
Posted Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 4:41 PM

here is a great web-site

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Posted Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 4:41 PM

here is a great web-site

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Posted Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Thank you Karrie!

Posted Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 10:38 PM

www.cronometer.com

Vikki ~

Edited 08/27/13 10:40 PM

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 461 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: ellenann, juttajxwa

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org