21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Purely Decadent
Created on: 02/08/13 10:27 PM Views: 857 Replies: 3
Purely Decadent
Posted Friday, February 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM

In addition to cheese, ice cream has been a big sacrifice for me on this vegan diet. Today I believe I've found a solution. "Purely Decadent" brand non-dairy frozen dessert. I've tried a variety of the non-dairy frozen desserts and this is the first one I've found that tastes like the "real" stuff! So creamy! Please don't break my heart and tell me this isn't vegan.

Finding this ice cream does cause me to hold out hope that I may find a non-dairy cheese I like. Anyone have any suggestions on that front?

Jennifer

RE: Purely Decadent
Posted Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I checked their website and all their products are vegan. For cheese, I've used Daiya brand for pizzas and burritos and it melts great and tastes really good. I haven't tried any "cold" cheeses for sandwiches or anything yet.

- Amanda
Be the change you wish to see in the world...

Posted Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Purely Decadent has been my favorite ice cream for years! They have a new flavor, pomegranite chip, that is excellent.

Another thing to try, buy frozen bing cherries, chocolate almond/soy/rice milk and blend. YUMMY!

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Cheese? well it depends what you want to do with it. do you want the cheesey taste? or put it on a pizza.

i do like the cheese sauce made from Nutritional Yeast by Veganomicon for mac & cheese.

I have found a good recipe and modified it... for Stuffed Jumbo Shells. it is made w/Vegan Cream Cheese and Tofu.

For a dip type.. i love love love nacho mamma's vegan queso. http://fatgoblin.com/ unbelievable that it is only 150 calories per JAR!

i have not tried the cheese sauces made w/soaked cashews yet. I also have not tried the one w/tofu.

pizza.. well i have given up.... i just try to make a stromboli type w/veggies. or use very little fake cheese, cause it is sooo different. When i can't come close or satisfying, i try to find something better that is not similar.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 174 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org