21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: WOW Cholesterol DROP
Created on: 02/09/13 03:50 PM Views: 1574 Replies: 7
WOW Cholesterol DROP
Posted Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy In either June or July my total Cholesterol was 244 - had it checked today - drum rollllllll 168!!!!!! no medication ... simply plant based whole food no animal eating Smile

am down about 8 pounds or so since first of the year...

keep pedaling.... Smile

RE: WOW Cholesterol DROP
Posted Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM

thats great! I am hoping the same will happen with me as I would like to get off the med. Already cut down on blood sugar meds and all is great.

Keep up the great life style! Wink

Posted Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I watched this short message this afternoon and then read your posts. Seems like the approrpiate place to share.

http://drmcdougall.com/video/mcdougalls_moments_pills.html

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

Posted Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 5:34 AM

For those with diabieties and taking cholestrol meds, have a look at this health warning put out my Health Canada just posted two weeks ago;

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2013/16949a-eng.php

Sure convinces me about rethinking my meds.

Posted Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Thank you Kiwi and Ronjenk for posting your links. I don't have a lot of faith in Health Canada and reading this blurb in their report on statins makes me feel like Dr. MacDougall is spot on - just another government agency in bed with Pharma:

"If you are on a statin and experience symptoms associated with increased blood sugar, such as severe frequent urination, thirst or hunger, you should contact your healthcare professional."

That statement is misleading and will make many many people think they are not at risk. Well, I'm here to tell you I have diabetes and have NEVER had SEVERE symptoms. In fact, the only sysmptom I have is on the end of a blood glucose strip after I monitor myself. Type 2 can be a silent disease - that's why so many are walking around with it and don't know. I find the above statement from Health Canada dangerous.

My LDL cholesterol is finally down in the normal range(1.97 mmol/L) and I am definitely going to be speaking with my doctor about getting off statins, too, for the very reason that they may be adversely affecting my blood sugar - which, by the way, isn't too terrible, but is higher than I'd like despite ongoing attempts at clean eating. Perhaps the statins are the cause!

All we are saying is "Give Peas a Chance"

Posted Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I took the Health Canada report completely differently as I have been having some of those symptoms especially about 2 weeks into this diet and apprechiated the heads up of what might be causing it.

I want to be as drug free as possible and I see that possibility even stronger with this diet.

I guess for many they may not exsperince these symptoms but for some they may.

Many thanks for the posts! Wink

Posted Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I took the Health Canada report completely differently as I have been having some of those symptoms especially about 2 weeks into this diet and apprechiated the heads up of what might be causing it.

I want to be as drug free as possible and I see that possibility even stronger with this diet.

I guess for many they may not exsperince these symptoms but for some they may.

Many thanks for the posts! Wink

Posted Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Hi Ron - the word that bothered me in the Health Canada report was "severe". Would you consider your symptoms to be "severe"?

Lots of folks are walking around with Type 2 and don't have any symptoms yet. If they wait for severe thirst, urination, they could be well into the disease before it's even diagnosed.

I find that part of the report dangerous and misleading.

All we are saying is "Give Peas a Chance"

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 205 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org