New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Glitch?
Created on: 08/30/13 07:12 PM Views: 971 Replies: 3
Glitch?
Posted Friday, August 30, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I am showing Day 4 in my e-mail today. Have I missed something

RE: Glitch?
Posted Friday, August 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I got that also. I figure someone just made an "oops!". But since when I went to the doctor this week he told me that I HAVE TO go on the DASH diet for the next month, I wasn't concerned about it. I have to go back to see him the end of the month. No, the DASH diet is neither vegan or vegetarian.

Jen

Posted Friday, August 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM

That was an ERROR on our end. So sorry folks! We're getting there but not quite yet!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM

The DASH diet was actually how we transitioned from standard omnivore diet to vegetarian to vegan. DASH actually has very small portions of meat and dairy and it is possible to adjust for vegan with DASH. It is heavy on the plant side of things - whole grains, beans, vegetables, fruit. We started using DASH and cutting back on meat first (DASH eliminates beef and pork, small amounts of fish and poultry), then dairy. It was on DASH that hubby started eating oatmeal every morning for breakfast and 6 months later, when his dr. checked the lab report, he did a double take because his cholesterol numbers had dropped significantly and his blood pressure was much better.

--DebR

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 230 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org