21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: new film coming out - hungry for change
Created on: 03/02/12 12:10 AM Views: 4300 Replies: 10
new film coming out - hungry for change
Posted Friday, March 2, 2012 at 12:10 AM

This new film appears to be about the diet industry from the trailer (watch at the link below) and what is healthy foods versus whats not. It is from the makers of "Food Matters" a good documentary film that came out before Forks over Knives. I purchased a copy as I keep these DVDs as part of my own little nutritional library alongside my books. I also like to share them with others. Movies often seem to have more of an impact with some people that reading a book.

This may not have a lot of new information (I dont know yet) for those of us that are already into what we eat but I am going to watch it since you can sign up to view on-line for free for a limited time. Thought I would share the link in case anyone else is interested but had not heard about this yet.

http://www.hungryforchange.tv/

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

Edited 03/02/12 12:15 AM
RE: new film coming out - hungry for change
Posted Friday, March 2, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Thanks for sharing this. Looks like it will be well worth the time to watch. Sending it to everyone I know that has an interest in living healthy.

Vikki ~

Posted Friday, March 2, 2012 at 8:07 AM

This looks like a very good movie. Here is the link live.

http://www.hungryforchange.tv/

The makers are going to premiere the movie on line for free. This seems like a wonderful thing to do, so I decided to investigate doing this for MEET IRENE. you can see the trailer for MEET IRENE - An Unlikely Vegan here. This movie is in production.

Http://www.facebook.com/an.unlikely.vegan

madeline yakimchuk
Director: MEET IRENE - An Unlikely Vegan
GRYPHON media productions

Posted Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Thanks gryphonpro,
I'm so anticipating viewing Hungry for Change. Thank you also for the links as I've been reading the other resourceful info provided. I received confirmation today.
I'm already excited & ready to go with Kickstart China.
Have a great sunshine filled weekend.
gingerstyme

Posted Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Thank you also kiwi,
for bringing it to the attention of the forum and your info provided.
Have a fantastic joyfilled day.
gingerstyme

Posted Friday, March 23, 2012 at 3:32 AM

I just watched the entire movie today. Its great. Well worth giving up an hour and a half of your time to see.

Posted Friday, March 23, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Kiwi,

Is this film definitely bona fide ??

I just read that Mercola's in it. That's one FOS doctor.

Wash your back

Posted Friday, March 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Absolutely bona fied and its currently free on the web for viewing for 2 weeks. Lots of people we know in it being interviewed. Or at least I knew the names. I'm assuming many others interested in healthy diets who do lots of reading know them too. The main theme is about obesity and why people cant loose weight. It talks about modern food industry, additives and how many people are not eating real foods any more. A different take on the discussions we have here and a little different from the other movies such as forks over knives. Again, worth the watch.

Edited 03/23/12 4:02 PM
Posted Friday, March 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Thank you Kiwi,
for announcing “Hungry for Change “to the attention of the forum and info provided
Thanks to you I was able to view the part one trailer and received the early premiere invitation on Wed. Mar. 21st to view the entire presentation.
I found it very intoxicating as I now have a further in-depth awareness and perspective towards a VEGAN plant based healthier lifestyle for me.
“Kiwi commented “Hungry for Change” talks about modern food industry, additives and how many people are not eating real foods any more.”
I agree. (And yes, it is a personal choice.) I have choices to look after my own overall health and as an individual I should have all the information for additives, fillers, etc. to the food I consume daily. BUT I DON’T.
I feel this always comes down to POLITICS, MONEY & BEING INFORMED through education or public knowledge. I vote the people that I think will accommodate or listen to what or why I need /want change that is/may be detrimental to my health or well being.
I feel the Food Industry is not listening or see healthier changes through natural food as a priority to the well being & health to me or others.
As a voice together change will happen this why I feel a forum & programs with Kickstart, ‘Forks over Knives’, ‘Hungry for Change” and other resources are valuable tools to educate and inform others.
Talk to the politicians you have voted in,if they are not able to do it on their own, we the people should/must take a stand, and if they don’t listen don’t vote them in. We as tax payers pay their salaries to represent us.

Change does happen…even if it starts with one person at a time, that being me, I have become overall healthier since fall 2011. I started with one step and one day at a time toward my transformation from non plant based foods, to vegetarian towards being vegan using the Kickstart programs resources and info from the PCRM teams, guests, and the forums.

When asked what I’ve been doing to become healthier…
I am now going to start by saying I was "Kickstarted" and “Hungry for Change”…
gingerstyme

Posted Monday, March 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I wasn't familiar with the name, so I just scanned the wiki article here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Mercola

I did see the movie. The content is very much in line with how the Doctor is described in the wiki article.

As a documentary maker I can say that all docs are point of view, even if the maker is not "doing it on purpose". There is a lot of good material in the doc, meaning stuff I agree with, and some that I don't. It didn't hurt to watch it and it may be a good shocker to get people thinking, although I think I would refer that set to Forks over Knives first.

I did find the cost of the DVD to be very high, as with other products which are offered at the end of the movie. This would be a very good time for impulse purchases, but I think they took it a bit far. Otherwise, I enjoyed the movie.

- madeline

madeline yakimchuk
Director: MEET IRENE - An Unlikely Vegan
GRYPHON media productions

Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Thanks gryphonpro for your insights,

As a fledgling to lifestyle nutrition changes in less than six months I have found the recent viewing of “Forks Over Knives”& “Hungry for Change” (yes, gryphonpro… both movies are thought provoking to a newbie & why it’s essential for healthy nutritional changes) and the Kickstart programs with the PCRM team, forum, other resources/information and points of views have been exemplary learning tools as I become more knowledgeable with daily plant-based nutrition.

As I continue going through this process of personal nutrition change, sort through facts & ideas I will continue to be open-minded as I embrace the suggestions & resources to enlighten myself and glean more increasing awareness in favor of plant- based nutrition with continued improvements in my overall health.
gingerstyme

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 303 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org