21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: Dizzy?
Created on: 07/29/12 05:47 PM Views: 1701 Replies: 5
Dizzy?
Posted Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I accidently put this in the January forum. I'm still trying to figure out how to do this! Then, I saw where it was better to put your post in the most recent forum so I hope it is ok to post twice. Is there a way to delete a post?

I couldn't wait until September to start the 21 day kickstart so I bought the book. I am on day 21 today. I have lost about 6 lbs and my blood pressure is much better. Several times during the past 3 weeks I have experienced transient dizzy spells. They don't seem related to my blood sugar, no shaky, trembly, "sinking" feeling. Any ideas? I have on occasion had dizzy spells, but these are much worse. Thanks.

RE: Dizzy?
Posted Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 8:31 PM

May I ask, within how many weeks did you lose 6 pounds?

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 9:10 PM

That is total wt. loss for the 3 weeks

Posted Monday, July 30, 2012 at 6:16 AM

If you have a lot of weight to lose, 6 pounds in 3 weeks is fine. If you do not have a lot to lose, you may not be eating enough, which could possibly be leading to the dizziness. Also eating throughout the day as opposed to waiting for hours to eat could be better for you.

If it continues, I would consider checking in with your health care professional. It certainly could not hurt.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Monday, July 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Thanks, I thought I was eating enough, not really hungry, but will gladly eat more Very Happy I only needed to lose about 15-20 lbs. I think most of what I have lost was fluid. My legs are alot skinnier but my clothes are not much looser. I am mostly doing this to help my BP and my cholesterol. I don't want to have to take meds if possible.

Posted Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 3:19 AM

this is very good post

a.rehman

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 272 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org