21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Protein supplements
Created on: 02/14/13 03:12 PM Views: 617 Replies: 1
Protein supplements
Posted Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I know that theoretically one doesn't require protein supplementation. But I noticed that today's messenger drinks protein shakes, and that has always been one of my favorite breakfasts (with some fruit and/or greens thrown in for good measure).

I've tried several vegan protein powders but thus far they have ranged from tasteless to dreadful and varied in texture from grainy to sticky and messy.Can anyone recommend a brand?

I also want to say that today is Day 14! Happy Valentine's Day! I have never felt better. Arrow

RE: Protein supplements
Posted Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Happy Valentine's Day back at ya! Protein supplementation is rarely needed. In the case of today's messenger, he is a professional ultra-marathoner. This guy needs a ridiculous amount of food just to compete! Few of us are in this boat.

I would suggest having your usual smoothie without the added protein powder. Unless there is something else going on here (an illness, a desire to run 100 miles in the desert, unwanted weight loss), you will be wasting your money and taxing your kidneys for no reason in particular.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 386 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org