21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: last 5 pounds
Created on: 07/14/13 10:03 AM Views: 1002 Replies: 4
last 5 pounds
Posted Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Is anyone out there working on losing that last 5 pounds? If so, I'm having a heck of a time with it. My weight just seems to be stuck.

RE: last 5 pounds
Posted Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Me too. I just figured I'm old and this is as good as it gets...lol

Seriously, I've up my workout and that seems to help, but as soon as a ease up a bit on the workouts. I stop losing and even gain a few pounds.

I think I have to reduce the amounts of nuts and seeds and up the greens and veggies. *sigh*

Is a few extra pounds really that unhealthy?

Posted Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I think if you eat as healthfully as you know how, then that weight may be where it supposed to be! If there are areas for improvement, like too many sweets, alcohol, or fats, then sure, you can work on that.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 9:33 PM

That last 5 pounds is all on my stomach which is an unhealthy place to store fat. I don't drink alcohol and use no added oil on my foods. I'm now at the point of limiting fruit because I'm wondering if I might be sensitive to the sugars. I've had pregnancy related diabetes so maybe I've got to be careful with even fruit.

Posted Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

As far as "being old" goes, I'm old too, but only 2 or 3 years ago I was able to get down to my ideal weight. I was on a strict macrobiotic diet. So another few years older now isn't really all that much, right? In the past, every time I'd think I was too old to lose it, I managed to. But this time, I'm eating about as good as I can get and it's just not budging. Who knows, maybe this time I really am too old.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 225 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org