21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: Monthly 21 Day Kickstarts
Created on: 12/22/12 08:42 AM Views: 2673 Replies: 8
Monthly 21 Day Kickstarts
Posted Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Hi everyone,
I haven't been on the boards for a while but I just got the PCRM update email and from what I understand, the 21 day kickstart challenges are now going to be very month? That is, starting on January 1, a kickstart will begin at the beginning of each month, right?

I think that's an awesome idea!!! I was bummed because I couldn't join the January kickstart (coming back to the States that month and my mind will be on moving) but I'm thrilled that another will be starting in February, so I'll be joining that one for sure.

Djuna

RE: Monthly 21 Day Kickstarts
Posted Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 9:07 AM

It's true - there will be a US Kickstart starting the first of each month beginning this January 1. The other Kickstarts (Spanish, Indian, Chinese) will roll out monthly too, only a little later in 2013.

We're excited!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Edited 12/22/12 9:16 AM
Posted Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 10:09 AM

YAY!

Janeoverton

Posted Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Wow. Hopefully there will be new people introduced to healthy eating every single month.

Vikki ~

Posted Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Great idea!

Posted Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Great idea!

Posted Monday, December 24, 2012 at 4:36 AM

I decided, to heck with it - I'm signing up for the kickstart for Jan 1 and doing the best I can. My flight leaves on Jan 13, so that gives me 2 out of the 3 weeks of the kickstart where I have control over what I eat and can prepare things. The other 1 week I can wing it. My hotel room will have a fridge and microwave so I can strategize my food, since I will want to avoid eating out as much as possible anyway (too much money and I need to save right now!)

My health is going to be very important to me for 2013 and whatever I can do in January, despite the uproar with my move, is going to be worth it!

Djuna

Posted Monday, December 24, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Right now we're communicating in the September 2012 Kickstart forum. As soon as they start the January 2013 forum you may want to start a thread about staying on plan while traveling. You'll get tons of tips and pointers from people who have been there and done that !! You may even want to search through some of the previous subjects and see if there's already some good info out there. There may even be people that know some great restaurants in the city where you'll be. You'll find there are lots of people willing to help.

Vikki ~

Posted Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Djuna,

If you'll be eating out, check out www.happycow.net which will let you search for veg friendly restaurants in whatever area you are in.

Deborah

PS. I find the people on this website and forum so helpful. They should rename it pcrmedu.org!!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 187 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org