21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: printing the kickstart menu for Jan 2013
Created on: 12/28/12 06:15 PM Views: 2048 Replies: 5
printing the kickstart menu for Jan 2013
Posted Friday, December 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Hello,
Is it possible to obtain a menu to print without all the nutrition facts? I like that they are there but wondering if you can print it without. Some recipe websites have check boxes on what you want to include in what you print. Anxious to get started but want to save a little printer ink! Thanks.

RE: printing the kickstart menu for Jan 2013
Posted Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Could you print these three pages?

http://www.pcrm.org/kickstarthome/mealplan/index.cfm
http://www.pcrm.org/kickstarthome/mealplan/index_week2.cfm
http://www.pcrm.org/kickstarthome/mealplan/index_week3.cfm

Or were you picturing something else? We would love to make this as user friendly as possible, so let me know.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Yes Susan, I could print each week's menu. However, when I click on one of the recipes, I get all 21 days and each one has it's nutritional content. I "selected all" and then put it into our word processor (the free one-"Open Office" and then I spent a very long time highlighting each recipe's nutrition facts and then tightening up the empty spaces and then moving on the the next recipe and doing the same thing. Had I not done that my word processer was saying that the document was about 76 pages! As it was, with eliminating the nutritional facts, and printing only the recipes themselves for the first 8 days, I had 17 pages!! There has to be a more efficient way for me to print the recipes, or I guess I won't print them and just bring my laptop into the kitchen. Can't make observations that way about the recipe though. Thanks for your help.

Posted Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I think I see. You want to print a menu that includes all the individual recipes (not just recipe names) but without the nutrient content. I'll have to see if that's something we can do for the future. Thanks for the idea!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Thanks Susan. In the meantime, I guess what I'll do is just use my iPad in the kitchen to follow the recipe and then if I like it, copy and paste it into my word processor and then print just that recipe for my 3 ring notebook I've made of vegan recipes.

Posted Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Susan, I don't know whether you changed the format between this kickstart and previous kickstart (it could have been the Engine 2 one) but very nice job on doing the grocery list!! As I recall before it was one giant list and I wasn't always sure what was to go with what and I bought the fairly non perishables all at once so my husband who also cooks wasn't sure what was for the 21 day kick start and what he could use, plus I didn't fix everything (we needed to eat leftovers sometimes!) so the grocery list was not very efficient for me. But this one is so thanks so much!!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 1472 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org