21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Main Street Vegan
Created on: 10/23/13 10:09 PM Views: 985 Replies: 4
Main Street Vegan
Posted Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I just finished reading "Main Street Vegan", by Victoria Moran, and I noticed that Susan Levin is mentioned in the acknowledgements section at the end.

@Susan: I loved this book from start to finish. I felt like it covered all the basics, and I learned a lot from it. It was also just really well written and I couldn't put it down (well, I had to put it down when I got to work after my morning commute and at the end of my lunch break and had to get back to work of course, LOL).

Anyway, I feel like I'm closer to my ultimate goal of being totally vegan after having read this book (and I loved all the links to other resources/websites/organizations/etc, at the end of the book).

I can't wait until I too can call myself a "main street vegan".

Sarah Smile

RE: Main Street Vegan
Posted Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 5:05 AM

I'm so glad you enjoyed the book! She's an amazing person and will be glad to hear one of our Kickstarters posted about it!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I loved this book too--so much that I'm now re-reading it. The author expresses herself gracefully and honestly and is a dedicated vegan without being dogmatic. Her recipes are also useful.

Posted Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I had signed it out from the library. That's how I usually like to get my reading materials. But I enjoyed this book so much, and I feel like there is so much useful information for me to refer back to later, that I'm planning on buying a copy so I'll have it on hand.

Posted Monday, November 4, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Thanks for recommending / posting about it, I'll take a look.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 202 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: JenniferJohnson, Sakura

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org