21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: 20 days
Created on: 07/16/13 07:33 PM Views: 934 Replies: 5
20 days
Posted Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I have completed 20 days being vegan. The thing that amazes me is the freedom I feel from all the food cravings. I have lost about 3-4 pounds. My energy level has been good most days, unlike other diets I have tried. I am enjoying the food. The timing is great due to all the fresh fruits and vegetables in the produce dept and in the area where
I live. I plan to keep it up.

RE: 20 days
Posted Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM

That's wonderful!!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Rr42, I am experiencing the same things. It amazes me that I am not constantly hungry or snacking. Congratulations on your success!!!!

Edited 07/17/13 4:57 PM
Posted Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Thanks for the validation. Glad it is not just me experiencing this. I never would have believed it.

Posted Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Thanks for the validation. Glad it is not just me experiencing this. I never would have believed it.

Posted Monday, July 22, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Readyreader42 wrote:

I have completed 20 days being vegan. The thing that amazes me is the freedom I feel from all the food cravings. I have lost about 3-4 pounds. My energy level has been good most days, unlike other diets I have tried. I am enjoying the food. The timing is great due to all the fresh fruits and vegetables in the produce dept and in the area where
I live. I plan to keep it up.

Readyreader - yay! This also means you are doing something - a LOT - right. You sound like you are eating enough - a biggie and one of the places new veg's tend to fall short. When eating a whole foods plant based diet, not only can you eat a lot more food than with a usual American diet, but you necessarily MUST! For people (like me :lolSmile who like to eat, this is a huge advantage.

Nice work and thanks for reporting in - and congrats on a very successful Kickstart run! Be sure to join us in August too - your encouraging words will be very helpful to others.

Lani

facebook

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 550 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: Susan Levin

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org