21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: frustrated vegan athlete??
Created on: 01/22/12 11:07 AM Views: 1296 Replies: 3
frustrated vegan athlete??
Posted Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I am hoping to get some NEW info that can help me figure out how to get these creeping pounds off--I do everything right ( of course!!) I have been a vegan for a long time, I am 2 + years post menopause, a very active triathlete, I track my food, watch my carb/protein/fat #'s blah blah blah---feel like I keep putting on weight-I like to eat real food--do not want to starve or deprive myself--any thoughts??? I'm wondering if at this point in my life I need to up protein, watch types of carbs etc--anyone experienced the same issues

RE: frustrated vegan athlete??
Posted Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 1:34 PM

There have been several threads on no weight loss, it might be helpful to review some of these as they have lots of ideas.

For me it truly boils down to fats. Nuts, nutbutters, olives, avocado, tofu, edamame, etc...

Best wishes

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Monday, January 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Can you post what a weekly menu looks like? It might be useful.

Posted Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Oceandog wrote:

There have been several threads on no weight loss, it might be helpful to review some of these as they have lots of ideas.

For me it truly boils down to fats. Nuts, nutbutters, olives, avocado, tofu, edamame, etc...

Best wishes

O Good post Oceandog.

It is weird how many people felt the need to start yet another thread about no weightloss, rather than converse on the already existing threads. And then to not even reply when someone asks them for further details.

Wash your back

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 514 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org