21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Day 10 and I feel sluggish and tired
Created on: 09/10/13 04:15 PM Views: 740 Replies: 2
Day 10 and I feel sluggish and tired
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I'm on day 10 and keeping the faith. I do feel gradually less energetic and more sluggish in thought and deed. My sleep has deteriorated a little from bad to worse. Could I be in the Valley of Despair for change? That is, things getting worse before they get better?

RE: Day 10 and I feel sluggish and tired
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 4:29 PM

It is very possible that you are going through a detox that is partially physical and partially mental. Either way it can be tough.

Depending on how big of a change this is, your body may be cleansing and moving a lot of old stuff out while getting used to the new healthful stuff. You will get through this. Eventually your body adjusts to the clean!

It can also be a mental challenge to say good-bye to a lot of comfort foods. Cravings can be exhausting and depressing. But these too will diminish. In fact, this whole program is based on the idea that it takes 21 days to break a habit. Stick with it!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

RE: Day 10 and I feel sluggish and tired
Posted Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Thank you for your insightful remarks. I'm in it to stick with it for the 21 days, for sure. There are positives, like hey, this stuff doesn't taste too bad and I can use my garden vegetables instead of growing them and turning them into compost.

Now day 20 and I'm not tired or sluggish anymore. I will say though that this is not a quick weight loss program and maybe not at weight loss option at all, at least for me. Perhaps there's some truth to the insulin/carbohydrate theory.

Edited 09/20/13 10:29 AM

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 442 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org