21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Golfing Finger Foods
Created on: 02/10/14 12:07 PM Views: 322 Replies: 2
Golfing Finger Foods
Posted Monday, February 10, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I find that when I golf, I have to eat something in between holes to keep my energy level up. The snacks can't be messy because I wear golf gloves. And I usually eat when walking and pushing my cart.

So - what types of On the Go Finger Foods would you suggest? Nothing hard or crunchy please -

RE: Golfing Finger Foods
Posted Monday, February 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I like Larabars for cycling. They have 21 flavors. They do have some nuts in them so they have some crunch, not much though. They aren't low in fat.

RE: Golfing Finger Foods
Posted Monday, February 10, 2014 at 1:29 PM

make your own granola balls/bars - there are plenty of recipes on the web. That way you can customize them as you choose.
What were you eating before the kickstart? That might give us some ideas of directions to point you in.

Things like grapes,bananas, or clementine oranges (small, seedless, easy to peel and eat with minimal mess because you can eat quarter to half in one bite or remove the orange peel and store in a ziplock to eat as you go) are not crunchy/hard (the way apples would be). Sliced multi color bell peppers are not crunchy really and are tasty snacks - there are even mini peppers that can pretty much be eaten out of hand, or just cut off the tops and clean them out, store in a containers in transit then munch as you go.

If you want energy mostly, you're looking for whole grains and other complex carbs. Take a whole grain tortilla and use a biscuit cutter or cookie cutter to make small rounds (size is up to you). Spread with small dollop of hummus and spinach leaves or other veg and roll it up burrito style for a two bite snack.

--DebR

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 154 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org