21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Chocolate!?!
Created on: 11/03/13 05:58 AM Views: 359 Replies: 1
Chocolate!?!
Posted Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 5:58 AM

I love it - I make no secret of it, it's my biggest vice in life. I don't drink or smoke but I do chocolate.

I'm happy to approach it pragmatically & I'm very relaxed about continuing to feed my addiction as long as I'm following the 'rules' - it's my little reward to myself for being so virtuous in other areas.

So far I've made the Chocolate Bonbons & have really enjoyed them, plus I had a very happy accident making the Hot Fudge Cake - I misread the recipe & tipped all of the water & sugar in rather than holding back & pouring on top! It took longer to cook as was very watery - so I tipped it into a Bundt Cake tin. It made an awesome rich & seriously moist cake. You would never know it has no dairy & virtually NO FAT (none added so only the bit that's left in cocoa powder).

What have you made?
How do you get your fix?
Do you use carob? Is it good? How do you get hold of it?
Have you used 100% pure cacao? I've bought some but not used it, it's 100% Venezuelan Black! How much do you use compared to cocoa powder?

Look forward to hearing from you Smile
Carli

RE: Chocolate!?!
Posted Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Happy to report that I have never had a chocolate addiction. I eat a piece now and then, and it's good, but I have never had an overpowering need to eat more.

Vikki ~

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 254 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org