21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Getting Rid of Dairy Results?
Created on: 02/11/14 11:11 AM Views: 698 Replies: 5
Getting Rid of Dairy Results?
Posted Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 11:11 AM

For all you veteran Kickstarters: I would be interested to hear how totally eliminating dairy has changed your lives for the better!

RE: Getting Rid of Dairy Results?
Posted Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 2:15 PM

oh my gosh! (sorry for those of you who know me and heard this story before Smile) I'm in my fifties, a hard core cyclist who rides two hundred miles in a weekend. I was diagnosed with arthritis in both knees at 36. Before a big ride I would take Vitamin I (ibuprofen) before, during and after the ride. After I went vegan, within two weeks all of my pain was gone. In fact, I thought it was some sort of miracle. (really) My dairy consumption was yogurt and cheese, I was never a milk drinker. Even my husband was shocked at how much stronger I was as a cyclist without dairy. I have been pain free in my knees ever since. My only regret is that I wish I'd given up dairy when I was in my 20's.

Posted Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Marge, Did you develop leaky gut from your use of ibuprofen? I am blaming my use when I was in 40s for my problems now. I also have a family history of auto-immune issues, so perhaps you have to have a tendancy that way to develop leaky gut.

Posted Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 10:44 AM

I don't have leaky gut syndrome. My family is predisposed to osteoarthritis and psoriasis, both of which are auto immune disorders caused by inflammation. Diary is a huge trigger for imflammation.

Posted Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Dairy and meat were the first things I dropped to reduce inflammation. I still do not do any dairy but do some fish, eggs and occasional meat as I try to heal my gut enough to be able to tolerate legumes and nuts. I am going to challenge my system with beans soon. I have really missed them

Posted Sunday, February 16, 2014 at 7:33 AM

I have been suffering from pain and inflammation from arthritis for over a year now. Eliminating dairy from my diet has caused a rapid and rather dramatic decline in both pain and inflammation, with an increase in mobility and energy.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 94 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org