21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Side Effects of Plant Based Diet
Created on: 01/28/12 05:08 PM Views: 6247 Replies: 24
Side Effects of Plant Based Diet
Posted Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 5:08 PM

You know, before I was eating plant-based I used to get constipated at the drop of a hat. Now it's the complete opposite. I seem to drop my hat every time someone gets constipated.

But apart from that, all the side effects have been good ones.

Anyone else have any side effects to report (good or bad) ?

Wash your back

RE: Side Effects of Plant Based Diet
Posted Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I sleep better.
I have less joint pain.
I am happier with myself and my choices.
I have a tiny trash can that can go almost 2 weeks (inside) before emptying.
I LOVE that I am not hurting any sweet little creature.
I think I am just all around happier!

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 6:36 PM

theodore wrote:

You know, before I was eating plant-based I used to get constipated at the drop of a hat. Now it's the complete opposite. I seem to drop my hat every time someone gets constipated.

Hey Theo-snore - where you bin hibernating? Smile

So...to be clear. Are you suggesting the plant-based diet does the trick or should we all just wear a hat? Razz

All we are saying is "Give Peas a Chance"

Posted Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Oceandog wrote:

I sleep better.
I have less joint pain.

Yes, I've experienced all of these.

Also I find it a lot easier to tell the truth nowadays. I pretty much often tell the truth.

Wash your back

Posted Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Mariberry wrote:

Hey Theo-snore - where you bin hibernating? Smile

WTD Mari ? I've posted something like 50 posts this month.

Mariberry wrote:

So...to be clear. Are you suggesting the plant-based diet does the trick or should we all just wear a hat? Razz

What I suggest is that we all wear hats like this one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13495705

Wash your back

Posted Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Well I am pleased that something inspired you to be more truthfully, great place to start!

However, I am just not feeling that hat....maybe it is an English/American thing??

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I see what you mean, T. It looks like a portable toilet seat with a bow. Or were you referring to Ed's hat? I like his better. Smile

All we are saying is "Give Peas a Chance"

Posted Monday, January 30, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Oceandog wrote:

I am just not feeling that hat....maybe it is an English/American thing??

Mariberry wrote:

I see what you mean, T. It looks like a portable toilet seat with a bow. Or were you referring to Ed's hat? I like his better. Smile

All I know is that it cured my urinary constipation just looking at it.

That's why I put in an offer of £81,100.00 for it on ebay. Unfortunately, I got a call from President Obama just as the bidding was coming to an end. He wanted to know if I had any good techniques for fending off food pushers. Anyway, by the time I got back to my computer, some rascal had put in a bid for £81,100.01 and beat me to it.

Wash your back

Posted Monday, January 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Theodore, you have such an "interesting" life

Posted Monday, January 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Oceandog wrote:

Theodore, you have such an "interesting" life

I guess in many ways it is interesting, Oceandog.

Wash your back

Posted Monday, January 30, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Oceandog wrote:

I sleep better.
I have less joint pain.

I have to agree-we compost the excess greens and peels so my garbage man must think someone moved out. Going from 2 cans a week to 1/2 a can.

Edited 01/30/12 2:51 PM
Posted Monday, January 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

linnie81 wrote:

Oceandog wrote:
I sleep better.
I have less joint pain.

I have to agree-we compost the excess greens and peels so my garbage man must think someone moved out. Going from 2 cans a week to 1/2 a can.

We have large bins to roll to the street. They sit outside and we bring the indoor stuff out to them and thence to the street. We were given options as to the size of the trash bin and the recycling bin. We chose the smallest trash bin and the largest recycling bin. Between recycling, reusing, minimal packaging where possible, and compost stuff, we take the trash bin to the curb at most twice per month (the recycling is only collected on alternate weeks and by then it's usually pretty full since we recycle most stuff if we don't reuse it). Back before we got the bins, we started into composting and recycling/reusing because it was a pay=as=you=go system - each household had to purchase specific "town" trash bags. A large bag cost $1, small bag 50 cents. The more bags you use, the more you pay. Seemed reasonable enough, heavy users paid more than light users. Made sense to us to recycle (that was a flat annual rate), compost, reuse, minimize packaging to save money. When we chose the bins, the combination of lg recycle/small trash ends up costing us the same as we were paying for recycling and bags - and it's easier for us.

--Deb R

Posted Monday, January 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I feed my worms (vermiculture) most everything in my kitchen, except for onions, garlic and citrus. I also give them all my junk mail. No issues with stolen identities.

I use this soil that they make for plants, gardening etc. I use the liquid (compost tea) for plants as well.

When I buy foods at the grocery store, I carry some drawstring bags that I made out of a fine netting nylon fabric. I use it for my produce as well as grains, beans etc.. That eliminates the plastic produce bags. I carry shopping bags.

I primarily buy only whole foods. so when I stick to that, I really have little trash. It is AWESOME!

My kitchen trash can is the size of most bathroom trash cans. I works fabulous. My garbage company sells bags to fill. You only take it to the curb when full. I don't even put 1 bag out a month. Long time process but I love how this has progressed.

Posted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 9:31 AM

People,

Can we please keep focussed on the issues here. This thread is supposed to be about Princess Beatrice's hat.

Wash your back

Posted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 9:32 AM

theodore wrote:

People,

Can we please keep focused on the issues here. This thread is supposed to be about Princess Beatrice's hat.

Oh sorry - we got off on the wrong "can" Wink

--Deb R

Posted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Bugsmom wrote:

theodore wrote:
People,

Can we please keep focused on the issues here. This thread is supposed to be about Princess Beatrice's hat.

Oh sorry - we got off on the wrong "can" Wink

--Deb R

Escapology accepted, Bugsmom.

Wash your back

Posted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 11:57 AM

theodore wrote:

People,

Can we please keep focussed on the issues here. This thread is supposed to be about Princess Beatrice's hat.

Hmm seems to me that this thread started with Theodore talking about what keeps him, uhm, moving?

Then changed to a hat, which in my opinion, was a natural leap to trash cans. Did I get confused?? Smile

Posted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Oceandog wrote:

[quote="theodore"]Hmm seems to me that this thread started with Theodore talking about what keeps him, uhm, moving?

Then changed to a hat, which in my opinion, was a natural leap to trash cans. Did I get confused?? Smile

Well, I started the thread hoping that it would lead to a discussion about Princess Beatrice's hat. But then the thread got completely hijacked by people wanting to actually talk about the side effects of a plant based diet.

I think it's clear to most people here that this thread was supposed to be about Princess Beatrice's hat. If I wanted to actually talk about the side effects of a plant based diet I would've called the thread "let's actually talk about the side effects of a plant based diet".

Wash your back

Edited 01/31/12 1:20 PM
Posted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Anyway, seeing as we've ended up on the subject of side effects of a plant based diet again, I thought I would just mention, since going plant based, I no longer feel the urge to sign up for any promotional deals with Novo Nordisk.

Wash your back

Posted Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM

As usual, when Theo is involved, I have no friggin' idea what this thread is about Rolling Eyes

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Next Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 845 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org