21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: I am feeling renewed and happy
Created on: 09/18/13 07:56 AM Views: 1593 Replies: 7
I am feeling renewed and happy
Posted Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I have been on the vegan kickstart diet....I actually started on August 18th. I have had super results....my blood sugar has dropped 70 points...the lowest in seven years since diagnosis. I have discontinued 100 mg. of Januvia. I have lost 9 pounds and eat tons of carbs with veggies and beans..have not limited what amount I eat. My blood pressure remains steady, but I know that that too will decrease. My sinuses have improved, I feel better overall and cannot think of ever going back to the old ways of eating. I was hopelessly addicted to cheese, sugar, and the "bad" stuff. If I ever feel weak and want to "pig out" I remember all the documentaries I watched about how food is processed here in US and how animals are treated and I quickly get back on track. I am 72 and have waited a long time to get on track...I only hope I still have time to undo a lifetime of improper eating.

RE: I am feeling renewed and happy
Posted Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Wow!! Thank you for sharing!! If you feel like sharing with the rest of the world, please post your story here: http://pcrm.org/health/diets/success-story/success-stories-landing.

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I am so moved by your post. Thank you for opening up yourself to share your story. I am inspired by you. You rock!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Posted Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Anita, Thank you for your kind words. If I can be of help to you in any way, please let me know. Good luck! I took Susan seriously and just posted my "story" on pcrm's site. I think we can do it together and how wonderful we have this site to connect.

Anita, Thank you for your kind words. If I can be of help to you in any way, please let me know. Good luck! I took Susan seriously and just posted my "story" on pcrm's site. I think we can do it together and how wonderful we have this site to connect.

Posted Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 1:34 AM

I enjoy this lifestyle so much!

My wish is for the world to get it and join with me. Food culture is so important and diet is so personal.

Yet we can't get away from the fact we are connected to the earth and designed by her responses. Remember that expression....you can't fool mother nature.

It's true and my body has responded and I'm far more healthy than 6 months ago. It's a journey worth travelling and I'm glad you are travelling with me.

This forum is awesome!!

Much love!

Posted Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Wow. Congratulations on six months. I'll bet you are seeing huge changes. I look forward to being at the six month mark too.

Take care.

Pam

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 137 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: befmax

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org