21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Indian day Yay!
Created on: 01/12/13 05:51 PM Views: 1267 Replies: 6
Indian day Yay!
Posted Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Let me just say i'm really excited about today's Indian menu.
I don't usually follow the plan, but i think i might today Smile

RE: Indian day Yay!
Posted Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Yay indeed!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Yay too! Love Indian food.

Posted Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Thank you for the inspiration to try making the Indian menu! Because of this, I made the Potato and Cauliflower Curry(Aloo Gobi) and it is very good. I am so glad I did. I can now say I can make an Indian dish....Cool.
Because I collected spices from previous kickstarts, I already had all the spices at home. The cooking involved is very easy. Did anyone else cook this or anything else on the Indian menu?

Posted Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 3:21 PM

veganer wrote:

Thank you for the inspiration to try making the Indian menu! Because of this, I made the Potato and Cauliflower Curry(Aloo Gobi) and it is very good. I am so glad I did. I can now say I can make an Indian dish....Cool.
Because I collected spices from previous kickstarts, I already had all the spices at home. The cooking involved is very easy. Did anyone else cook this or anything else on the Indian menu?

I made that one too. Not the lunch one though. I may try it another night. I really liked it too.

Edited 01/13/13 3:23 PM
Posted Monday, January 14, 2013 at 2:56 AM

What a coincidence! I didn't have time to cook today so didn't check the menu. I did make the Aloo Gobi before, though, and it was good. I had Indian food from a little local restaurant - their Chana Masala is so good (spicy) - and they had Aloo Gobi on the menu but I didn't try theirs. Maybe next time.

Posted Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 5:20 AM

I made the Tofu Palak Paneer last night with the Herb Roti. I was really excited about it because I LOVE Paneer cheese dishes in Indian restaurants. However....loved the spice flavours but hated the texture of the tofu. I did use firm tofu but it was still all wibbly wobbly stuff in my mouth, didn't like it at all. Thought I might try it again with Vegan cheese or even chickpeas marinated. Great flavours though. Rotis were really good with chutney. Next time I am going to try rolling them out really thin and dry frying them on a really hot non-stick pan. Carnivore husband loved the meal!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 424 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org