21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: September 2012 Kickstart Forum: Vision improved
Created on: 10/05/12 10:31 PM Views: 1487 Replies: 7
Vision improved
Posted Friday, October 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I haven't been to the eye doctor in 2 years but recently my eyeglass frames broke, so I decided to get evaluated. I only use my glasses for distance. ex. for driving. I am not diabetic. I was surprised to learn that my vision has improved so my new glasses are a weaker prescription. About 2 years ago I started eating plant-based so perhaps there is a connection. I can't think of any other reason for the improvement. What else would it be? I am not saying that everyone would definitely have this effect. Different people probably have different benefits, but it seems that this just happens to be one of mine.

Edited 10/06/12 7:06 AM
RE: Vision improved
Posted Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM

That's fantastic! I've heard of that happening before and just hope it will save me from reading glasses in my 40's.

Posted Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Congrats! Smile the same thing happened to me last year; went to the eye dr and she said "good news! your vision has improved!" neato! I am diabetic and have been for 10 years ( since 2003) Found Dr Barnard in 2006 and dropped my hba1c from 7.9 to 6.3%!!!

Posted Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Thank you so much Catbear and Kristine for your positive comments. Catbear, It's wonderful that other people have improved vision on the plant-based diet besides me, including Kristine. It would be great if we could avoid having to wear reading glasses. Kristine, awesome about your success due to Dr. Barnard. Its so nice to hear about it. Thanks for sharing it.

Posted Monday, October 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Exactly.

I was reading just recently about how vegans are much less likely to get cataracts.

Wash your back

Posted Monday, October 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I thought getting cataracts was something that happened to everyone as they age but apparently that's not true. If eating plant-based may lower one's risk, that's another great reason to continue to eat this way.

I know someone who kept falling while she was hiking and also had a bicycle accident and she found out later it was linked to vision loss from cataracts which she didn't know she had at the time. Avoiding cataracts also might mean avoiding some injuries from falls and accidents.

Edited 10/08/12 5:44 PM
Posted Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM

You nailed it yet again, veganer.

Wash your back

Posted Friday, October 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Thanks Theodore.

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 245 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org