21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: pizza stink (ugh!)
Created on: 06/11/13 03:29 PM Views: 1458 Replies: 5
pizza stink (ugh!)
Posted Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM

for a work celebration, they brought in pizza. I can't get over how BAD it smells, and I used to LOVE pizza. btw I'm the only only that thinks it stinks, everyone else is loving it (lol)

RE: pizza stink (ugh!)
Posted Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I suppose it depends on the pizza - I love a homemade whole wheat pizza crust with hummus and grilled veggies on top - kinda Mediterranean style, with onions, bell peppers, olives, sun dried tomatoes, that sort of stuff. But, yeah, pepperoni and all, not so much.

Where my office is, it's right above one of the kitchens here at work (yeah, I work in a software company and there are 4 kitchens - one is just a coffee area basically, one has fridge, microwaves and dishwashers, and two are full kitchen with stove and oven and everything else) - every once in a while, someone cooks bacon and eggs for breakfast and it is just revolting to smell the residual cooking odors.

--DebR

Posted Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I think it is the meat and cheese. when you don't eat like that anymore it isn't very appetizing.

Posted Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I used to love cheese -- and didn't even realize how much I was eating until I did the Kickstart in September 2010 and stopped.

Now the thought of it -- and the cruelty involved in its making -- revolt me. And I have that same reaction to smelling cheesy pizza. Luckily, there's a great pizza place just a five minute walk from me that uses all fresh, local veggies, has a great sauce and makes and amazing vegan pizza. Good stuff!

Posted Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I know what you mean--I used to eat pizza ~3 times a week, yet now stride past the local pizza joint to the health food shop, where I get an organic vegan meal that's much kinder and tastier! I feel much better all around Very Happy

Posted Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM

[quote="marge"]for a work celebration, they brought in pizza. I can't get over how BAD it smells, and I used to LOVE pizza. btw I'm the only only that thinks it stinks, everyone else is loving it (lol)[/quote

Marge,

The longer the time passes since you last ate it, the stinkier cheese becomes. To me it smells like barnyard.

Amazing, isn't it?

Lani

facebook

Lani Muelrath, M.A. CGFI, CPBN
Fit Quickies: The Plant-Based Fitness Book

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 360 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org