21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: New here and new to everything-diabetic
Created on: 01/13/13 02:53 PM Views: 31319 Replies: 103
RE: New here and new to everything-diabetic
Posted Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM

ronjenk wrote:

HELP.... I have been doing great up to about a month ago when I started doing renovations to the house which means more exercise and expected a bit of a mussel weight gain and that did happen but I find I am hungry all the time now and have a hard time adjusting to what the body is asking for as far as intake and my sugar levels are not as stable as before the added exercise.

Any thoughts about this? What should I be doing?

Many thanks in advance for the help Wink

Sorry, I don't know much about diabetes so I don't know what effect exercise may have on controlling it. I would have assumed it would improve your numbers.

Hopefully bumping this thread to the top will get a better response from someone more knowledgeable.

Posted Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Your forum has been uplifting! I'm back on kickstart & needed to read your story for inspiration!!

Earlier, someone recommended Jeff Novick's DVDs. They are wonderful for easy, fast food. The one on burgers & fries is excellent. My carnivore husband eats the Southwest Burgers with gusto. I make a double batch & freeze them for quick meals. The DVD demonstrates how to make them, so its really easy to copy what he does for those of us that are not so great in the kitchen YET! The fast food volume one is really fast & makes a lot of food for leftovers, which I love!! His website is www.JeffNovick.com

I wish you luck with the diabetes, I'd check with my doc about the exercise question.

Posted Monday, July 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Hi Ron,

Have you tried increasing your meals from three standard to 5-6 smaller ones. I eat something about every 2-3 hours and try to keep my last meal of the day no later that 7:00PM. You will find that you will feel full all day and that your energy levels with stay pretty much the same all day. One tip, if you eat a fruit have a little protien with it to prevent a sugar spike, i.e have a banana with a little peanut butter or a hand full of blueberries with some walnuts.

hope this helps,
Ray

Posted Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM

For some people, if their blood sugar is rising and they exercise intensely, it will go even higher. I typically give myself about 30 to 45 minutes after eating before strenuous exercise. That seems to help things stay stable. But, as with just about anything related to diabetes, ymmv.

--DebR

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 102 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: Susan Levin

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org