21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: January 2012 Kickstart Forum: Surprise at the Dentist
Created on: 01/31/12 08:16 PM Views: 2318 Replies: 11
Surprise at the Dentist
Posted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 8:16 PM

So today I finally found time to get my teeth cleaned and a check up at the dentist. Now normally I stick pretty close to my twice a year visit, but as some of you know I have spent over a year providing care for my family, and well it just hasn't fit in to my schedule since 2009.

So today I fixed that. The dentist came in and saw I was reading about macrobiotics (getting it straight for when mom comes) and he commented that he wasn't surprised to see I ate healthy and probably didn't need to ask me the questions about smoking, tobacco, sodas, etc... I said nope, don't use. A comment was made on my healthy hair, skin and teeth. Very Happy

By the time I saw the hygenist (sp?) she saw the book and we started talking. Then she said she was familar with the Phyicians responsible commitee something or other, and about a kickstart! So I naturally started in about Dr. Barnard, PCRM, 21-day kickstart, Dr. McDougall, etc.... such a small world!

I encouraged her to join us here on the forum. She also said she really enjoys the recipes.

So all in all, it was THE best dental ever! My teeth were in terrific shape, I got compliments on looking healthy and got to talk to someone who didn't roll their eyes or verbally attack when discussing the way I eat! Smile

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

RE: Surprise at the Dentist
Posted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Wow! First dentist story I've heard. That's so cool. I'm sure you are glowing!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 11:00 PM

My self confidence isn't all that hot, so, yes it was in unchartered territory for me.

Always offer kindness and a soft word to the beings around you; You do not know their journey. Your words can be the hug they need or the shove that breaks them.

Posted Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 6:40 AM

That is an awesome story Oceandog.

Edited 02/07/12 6:11 AM
Posted Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Oceandog wrote:

A comment was made on my healthy hair, skin and teeth. Very Happy

Sounds like someone's got the superhero glow, Ms Dog.

Wash your back

Posted Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 7:08 PM

theodore wrote:

Sounds like someone's got the superhero glow, Ms Dog.

I like the sound of that! Super Hero... I actually have a pattern for a long, beautiful velvet cape, nice shade of green. I could sneak into the village and deliver organic, whole foods. I am liking this!

Posted Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Oceandog wrote:

I like the sound of that! Super Hero... I actually have a pattern for a long, beautiful velvet cape, nice shade of green. I could sneak into the village and deliver organic, whole foods. I am liking this!

A nice couple has gone to their friends' wedding and set the DVR to record the Ellen De Generes show. But just as the shows about to start, the DVR jams. Sounds like a job for.........Plant-Based Woman.

Wash your back

Posted Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

theodore wrote:

[quote="Oceandog"]

A nice couple has gone to their friends' wedding and set the DVR to record the Ellen De Generes show. But just as the shows about to start, the DVR jams. Sounds like a job for.........Plant-Based Woman.

Eek! That would require some knowledge of things electronic! I am pleased when my computer and cell phone work properly!

I was thinking of a "gentle" B&E (breaking and entering or maybe just entering...) go in and do a fridge, freezer and cupboard makeover. When the unsuspecting family returns to their kitchen, they find no animal products only fresh whole, organic foods with a new cookbook or 2?? Possbily a meal ready to eat?

Also, I think a green cape is quite the thing because it is a "geen makeover". Thoughts? I could use a faithful sidekick Theodore, or, I am willing to be the side kick but I get a green cape!

Posted Friday, February 3, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I love it Oceandog. You'll be Plant-Based Woman with a green cape and I'll be your sidekick.

My quirk is that I only help you save the world until 6.00pm each day. After that you're on your own. My name will be......you guessed it: Markbitt Man.

Wash your back

Edited 02/03/12 6:30 PM
Posted Friday, February 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM

-

Wash your back

Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Hi Ocendog,

I'm a few days late but great to hear about the dentist trip. You are a walking advertisment for a healthy plant based diet Very Happy

Well Done Exclamation

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food - Hippocrates.

Edited 02/05/12 10:42 PM
Posted Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Aww thanks! Very Happy

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 346 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org