21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: One week in - feel awful
Created on: 04/07/14 01:10 PM Views: 3146 Replies: 23
RE: One week in - feel awful
Posted Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Unintentional double post - is there a way to delete it?

Edited 04/08/14 4:23 PM
Posted Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 11:06 PM

I suspect you are not eating enough. Look at all the food on the kickstart menus! You will still lose weight, I promise! Stick with the veggies when you add food. I did this several months ago and decided to stick with it because I felt so great and lost weight--40 lbs in fact (longer than 21 days, obviously). Then I fell off a bit while taking care of a terminally ill friend. I ate what the church "care committee" brought. I'm starting the kickstart again to get back on the wagon. . .

Posted Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Actually, it's more likely that she was detoxing. When you go from a diet with animal proteins and processed foods to a clean vegan diet your body has a chance to detoxify. This will cause fatigue, headaches, etc. You have to feel worse before you feel the benefits.

Posted Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 8:27 AM

I lowered my cholesterol and LDL both 40 points, and my LDL-P by 350 points when I cut the nuts, nut butters, and avocado, all of which are calorie dense and have a lot of fat. Dr. Esselstyn who has shown actual reversal of heart disease, did so with no oil, no nuts. I eat ground flaxseed on my oatmeal, chia seeds sprinkled on veggies, maybe 1-2 nuts OR a very few pumpkin seeds, and on my 2000 calorie plan, with the fat that is in the food, that adds up to 22 grams fat, which is 10% of my calories, which is recommended for an optimal lipid panel. Jeff Novick is Dr. McDougall's nutrition expert, and his video Going Nuts Over Nuts is worth watching to get the whole picture. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvYq6WTm258

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1 2   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 236 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org