I have been reading a little bit about L-Carnatine. Today I got some and plan to start taking it tomorrow.
Has anyone used this suppliment? BTW, I got the Vegan one. They have all types.
I have never heard of this supplement before. But I must say that in general I do not like to take supplements. I belief that whole foods will provide me with all the nutrients I need. Unless there is a deficiency like my vitamin D is low and my doctor prescribed 2000 IU of D and 1000 mg of calcium per day.
L-CARNITINE AND FAT BURNING:
* L-Carnitine assists in the transport of long-chained fatty acids that are burned for energy.
* L-Carnitine enhances the consumption of fat as a source of fuel.
* L-Carnitine has been shown to increase the amount of fat you burn during both anaerobic (strength training) and aerobic (cardiovascular) workouts.
* L-Carnitine plays an important role in mobilizing fatty deposits found in tissues of overweight individuals.
* L-Carnitine helps remove fats waste products (ketones) from the blood stream.
* Effective carnitine activity helps to discourage fatty build up in the liver, heart, and skeletal muscle.
* L-Carnitine has been shown to improve lean muscle strength. Maintaining muscle tissue takes four to five times more calories than maintaining fat tissue, which is important for permanent weight loss.
* L-Carnitine helps to stabilize blood sugar and eliminate cravings for carbohydrates.
SUPPLEMENTING L-CARNITINE CORRECTLY:
* First, you need to start taking at least 1000 mg per day of L-Carnitine to promote weight loss. Obese individuals may start with 2000 mg per day.
* Those with metabolic resistance, start to do well on 3000-5000 mg per day.
* Research has shown, that when you start to feel more energy, it is a sign that the level of carnitine, you are using, is starting to burn body fat.
* Increase carnitine by 500 mg per day (one capsule) until you begin to feel this increased energy level in you daily lifestyle.
* Your energy level will be your guide as to how effective carnitine is working in your body.
* The Physician's Desk Reference (PDR) lists no toxic effects from prolonged use of L-Carnitine.
* It is best taken before breakfast and lunch.
The best research on Carnitine can be found in the book :
The Carnitine Miracle, by Robert Crayhon, M.S. ISBN: 0-87131-825-3