21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: Main Kickstart Forum: Monday
Created on: 11/11/13 03:23 PM Views: 1439 Replies: 10
Monday
Posted Monday, November 11, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Hello...

Pretty quiet on the boards...how was everyone's weekend?

Whats for dinner tonight?

Fried rice with peas, peppers, carrots, corn and tempeh...yum

Love, Live, Laugh

RE: Monday
Posted Monday, November 11, 2013 at 3:35 PM

x

Edited 11/11/13 3:37 PM
Posted Monday, November 11, 2013 at 3:35 PM

vegan hoppin john brown basmatai rice

Posted Monday, November 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I've been eating very plain and simple, potatoes and veggies with a little veggie soup thrown in now and then.

Vikki ~

Posted Monday, November 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I've been eating very plain and simple, potatoes and veggies with a little veggie soup thrown in now and then.

Vikki ~

Posted Monday, November 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Baked potato topped with black beans, veggies and salsa. Keeping it simple because I'm dining alone tonight.

Posted Monday, November 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I've gone a little fancy over the past couple of days (staying vegan, but not necessarily low-fat). I recently took a cookbook out from the library that I'm quite enjoying: "Crazy Sexy Kitchen", by Kris Carr. I made the (vegan) cashew cream cheese and the artichoke aioli from that cookbook - soooooo delicious and creamy and also full of tasty fresh herbs.

So the other day I made some brown rice tortilla wraps with cashew cream cheese, capers, sundried tomatoes, and a bunch of fresh mixed greens.

I also made a few big salads of mixed greens tossed with artichoke aioli.

Yesterday, I treated myself to a super-fancy dinner of the following: steamed asparagus with toasted pine nuts and fresh-squeezed lemon juice; diced steamed sweet potatoes with garlic, olive oil, and sprinkled with a little gomashio, and a large amount of fresh mixed greens topped with artichoke aioli.

Today I had leftovers for lunch - still yummy!

This morning's breakfast was pretty simple: I heated up some leftover brown rice, added some soy milk and sprinkled on some cinnamon.

Dinner tonight was mainly leftovers too - I usually don't have a lot of energy at the end of the day on Mondays. Or most weekdays, for that matter - I love being able to spend time making tasty food on the weekends when I can take my time and enjoy the process. During the week, I find it's a bit more of a challenge.

Having said that, I'm proud of myself for staying vegan this whole month (with the exception of two muffins and three non-vegan cookies). I've managed to totally avoid cheese this whole month so far, which is amazing! Cheese has been the one thing I've struggled with the most to give up in the past.

I haven't necessarily stayed strictly low-fat, but so far I've still managed to make huge improvements in my eating habits this month: I've increased my intake of veggies and fruits by a huge amount, and have totally avoided cheese, and have almost 100% stayed vegan all month.

Oops - I just realized how long my post is getting - I tend to get sidetracked and before I know it I've gone off on a tangent, LOL.

Anyway, I'm really liking the daily posts of what everyone is eating. It helps keep me on track Smile

Posted Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Dinner: spagetti squash with homemade tomato sauce, red wine and 2 wassa crackers with jelly as I was still hungry
I am now on day 18 of the vegan diet and have found it suprisingly easy to follow. I thought I would have trouble with cheese, butter and Halloween candy but got through all that fine. The main problem I've had is that I've actually gained weight . . . . not my goal at all!

Posted Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Dinner: spagetti squash with homemade tomato sauce, red wine and 2 wassa crackers with jelly as I was still hungry
I am now on day 18 of the vegan diet and have found it suprisingly easy to follow. I thought I would have trouble with cheese, butter and Halloween candy but got through all that fine. The main problem I've had is that I've actually gained weight . . . . not my goal at all!

Posted Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Posted Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I was browsing through the Kickstart celebrity recipes and just realized that I have the ingredients for Scott Jurek's "Sweet potatoes with garlicky greens" - sweet!! I'm totally going to have that for dinner tomorrow night Very Happy

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 191 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org