21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: New recipies?
Created on: 03/28/12 02:07 PM Views: 3703 Replies: 17
New recipies?
Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Hi, I read somewhere that we'll be using new recipes for this upcoming kickstart.

Where can I find them? Are they easily downloadable, and will my iPhone app be updated with the new recipes soon? I don't see any updates available and would like to do some preliminary grocery shopping today.

Thanks!

-Christen

RE: New recipies?
Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Hi Christen! The new recipes will be posted soon, I believe on March 30. The iPhone app will not be updated with the new recipes; it will continue to show the original menu. Thanks for asking!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 2:31 PM

They post the Meal Plan on March 30th. I guess we will have to wait till then! I am right there with you chomping at the bit.

Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I'm looking forward to the new recipes too. I did make the quinoa patties from www.cookingquinoa.net yesterday. I used the Ener-G Egg Replacer and nutritional yeast. I'm always ready for a new recipe!

If anyone knows a vegan recipe for Leek Pie, please post it. I had a delicious piece of Leek Pie from Phoenicia Specialty Foods in Houston last week that I would love to be able to make at home. It was loaded with leeks. The recipes I found online don't look the same.

Deborah

Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Thank you for listening!! New recipes. I'm so excited. Waiting one more day will be torture!!!! Smile

Kathy

Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Lots of people are using pinterest to share things they find on-line. The service can best be described as social book marking. Here is an example of a vegetarian recipes pinterest board from Cape Breton I help to maintain:
http://pinterest.com/cbvegetarians/vegetarian-recipes/

I was adding a few of the recipes I discovered since going vegan (from vegetarian) with the April 2011 Kickstart, and was very sorry to see that the NutritionMD site does not allow its recipes to be "pinned"... Susan, if you are listening, please tell the tech people! Most of the old, and probably new, Kickstart recipes can be found there. It is a wonderful site.

Looking forward to the new recipes, and would love to share them Smile

madeline yakimchuk
Director: MEET IRENE - An Unlikely Vegan
GRYPHON media productions

Edited 03/29/12 10:23 AM
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Lots of people are using pinterest to share things they find on-line. The service can best be described as social book marking. Here is an example of a vegetarian recipes pinterest board from Cape Breton I help to maintain:
http://pinterest.com/cbvegetarians/vegetarian-recipes/

I was adding a few of the recipes I discovered since going vegan (from vegetarian) with the April 2011 Kickstart, and was very sorry to see that the NutritionMD site does not allow its recipes to be "pinned"... Susan, if you are listening, please tell the tech people! Most of the old, and probably new, Kickstart recipes can be found there. It is a wonderful site.

Looking forward to the new recipes, and would love to share them Smile

madeline yakimchuk
Director: MEET IRENE - An Unlikely Vegan
GRYPHON media productions

Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Pinned!? I've never even heard of this technological advancement. No surprise there. I'll pass the request on to the IT department. Thanks!

Susan Levin, MS, RD
PCRM Director of Nutrition Education

Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Check out the 21-Day Meal Plan - it has the recipes for Week One already!

Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Ooh! There are several that I know I'll try!

Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Ooh! There are several that I know I'll try!

Posted Friday, March 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Love Pinterest Very Happy

Craftycat - Southern, CA
~Isaiah 43: 18 & 19 - "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!"

Posted Friday, March 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Made some simple Veggie Fajitas last night. Just boiled some crimini mushrooms, sliced. Sauteed red bell pepper, orange bell pepper & yellow bell pepper slices, and onion slices until tender. (Seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin & seal salt)Have added some green chiles before for a little kick. Since my husband & visiting niece wanted Chicken Fajitas, I keep meat & mushrooms out of the mixture. Just spooned a few mushrooms onto my softened tortilla, next the pepper/onion mixture and some homemade guacamole. Was so yummy & simple!

Craftycat - Southern, CA
~Isaiah 43: 18 & 19 - "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!"

Posted Friday, March 30, 2012 at 3:27 PM

craftycat70 wrote:

Made some simple Veggie Fajitas last night. Just boiled some crimini mushrooms, sliced. Sauteed red bell pepper, orange bell pepper & yellow bell pepper slices, and onion slices until tender. (Seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin & seal salt)Have added some green chiles before for a little kick. Since my husband & visiting niece wanted Chicken Fajitas, I keep meat & mushrooms out of the mixture. Just spooned a few mushrooms onto my softened tortilla, next the pepper/onion mixture and some homemade guacamole. Was so yummy & simple!

We usually throw in some black beans or other bean (whatever is already on hand) into the tortilla as well as the mushrooms, onions and peppers.

Posted Friday, March 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Thanks Madeline,
You are so resourceful Smile I just visited the site...

Pinterest is great, I'm going to sample some of the recipes when cook and bake some of them from the site this weekend to use for Easter weekend, hopefully mine turns out like your photos, as I want to impress some guests with my "all vegan dinner menu."
gingerstyme

Posted Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 9:15 PM

And this is a link to my Pinterest vegan recipes http://pinterest.com/steveday/low-fat-vegan-recipes/

Would appreciate others who have made vegan boards to post theirs as well.

Posted Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Steve,
Thanks for the pinterest link for low fat vegan recipes.

I am so appreciative of all of the Kickstart forum members sharing their plant-based info and resources.

This helps me considerably as I like daily nutritional variety and with this 21 day Kickstart program "I will be a vegan graduate" following the program and maybe at times substituting with some of the recipes from pinterest members contributions & other Kickstart suggestions & ideas.
gingerstyme

Posted Monday, April 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I'm loving the new recipes, but I still make my favorites from the January Kickstart often. This week will still include Southern Beans and Greens and Chocolate Raspberry Mousse - nom!

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 207 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org