21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: Ready set, let's start again!
Created on: 03/28/12 05:06 PM Views: 1137 Replies: 5
Ready set, let's start again!
Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I am really looking forward to my second kickstart and the new recipes.
My mother, husband and I all followed the January 21 day Kickstart. We are all feeling great and ready to follow along again.
My mother's cholesterol went down 100 points! She was thrilled and she did it without any medication!

RE: Ready set, let's start again!
Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I've been doing Kickstarst since Kickstarts started and I learn something new on each one. Let the learning begin !!

Vikki ~

Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 4:35 PM

WOOHOO!!!! Smile Yes, we are ready to get started!
I would say we dabbled in the 21 day January kickstart. We intend to commit to the plan in full this time(apart from Easter weekend).

I was so impressed with the meal plan and recipes - very easy, most pretty quick, very well thought out [reusing portions of things throughout the week], and oh yes - very yummy stuff that just makes you feel so much better! Smile Peeking at this go round, looks like more of the same great stuff!!
So grateful for this opportunity! Smile

Very Happy Very Happy

Posted Friday, March 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM

This will be my 2nd Kickstart as well - and I'm definitely more ready this time than I was last time. And, more excited, I believe! Very Happy Since last time, I started a weight loss program and was able to shed 30 pounds, in part, by cutting out the majority of my dairy and red meat. I just have a few things left that I was holding on to (such sour cream, tuna, shrimp and eggs) but I think I'm ready to transition those out as well.

Congrats to everyone for signing up!

Posted Friday, March 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Tory wrote:

This will be my 2nd Kickstart as well - and I'm definitely more ready this time than I was last time. And, more excited, I believe! Very Happy Since last time, I started a weight loss program and was able to shed 30 pounds, in part, by cutting out the majority of my dairy and red meat. I just have a few things left that I was holding on to (such sour cream, tuna, shrimp and eggs) but I think I'm ready to transition those out as well.

Congrats to everyone for signing up!

Cook up some chickpeas (Or drain and rinse canned chickpeas). Pulse a bit in the food processor until just broken up and chunky. Add fav tuna salad additions (vegan mayo, celery, onion, whatever) and you've got a really good tuna salad alternative. My tuna sandwich loving 13 yr old prefers this to tuna! Pulse a little more and adjust the seasoning/condiments and it's almost like egg salad.

I know sour cream is a difficult one for me as well - sour cream + salsa + crackers or chips is a favorite snack. I've done several kickstarts but this is one of the things I keep falling back to. My best strategy is to make sure we've got LOTS of hummus on hand - I can go with that instead. And, I can do just salsa but usually when I'm going for that I want the creaminess as well, not just the tomato spice kick of salsa. Another alt that has worked is to keep some of the not-cheese sauce (mentioned in threads on previous kickstart forums) on hand and just warm up a bit of that with some salsa and that works for creamy.

--Deb R

Posted Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Hi All,

This is my first time posting in the forums and my first time participating in the kickstart. I really look forward to making veganism a way of life and to proving the naysayers wrong.

I also make a chickpea of the sea salad that my tuna-eating hubby loves. This may sound weird, but I break up a sheet of nori in it. It really adds a special something to the salad.

Good luck to all,
Peace

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 188 active user sessions right now.
Registered Users Online: LaniMuelrath

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org