21-Day Vegan Kickstart

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: April 2012 Kickstart Forum: MEET IRENE an Unlikely vegan (the documentary)
Created on: 03/29/12 12:04 PM Views: 1007 Replies: 1
MEET IRENE an Unlikely vegan (the documentary)
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Thanks for your patience, those who know about this project, but I thought it a good idea to bring it up again, for the new folk.

Just before the April 2011 Kickstart I decided to make a documentary about a woman named Irene who had agreed to do the Kickstart. She was, as she put it, sick and tired of being sick and tired, and wanted to change her life in a big way. As a documentary maker I thought that her story would be perfect for my next project. Little did I realize at the beginning that it was actually my story too.

Irene agreed to the plan, not really understanding what she was getting herself into. She did insist that I "do it too" as she said. Truth be told, I have no idea why I had not become a vegan long before this point. I had been a vegetarian for a few decades. I was one of those "I can't live without cheese" vegetarians, but I think I knew unconsciously that vegan was what I should do. So we agreed, and the documentary project MEET IRENE an Unlikely vegan was born.

There is a trailer just about everywhere online, but Youtube seems to be the easiest for most folk. On Youtube it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpE7DUnTtQo. We are also building a community of support for this project on Facebook. The page is here: http://www.facebook.com/an.unlikely.vegan.

This is an unfunded project. I own and operate a small editing/post video facility, so I know that this project will get done, but I can't say exactly when we will be releasing the movie. We progress as we are able. I thought it would be a good idea, considering this, to share bits from the movie as the editing progresses. You can see these on our Facebook page (the Trailer is there too, and lots of photos from the production). Here is a direct link to the videos: http://www.facebook.com/an.unlikely.vegan/videos

One of our hopes is that one person's network, multiplied by another person's network, will allow us to do big things together. I would be very grateful if you would follow us on Facebook, and share our Facebook activities with your friends.

Good luck on your journey. I will be seeing you in other topics of this forum throughout your adventure!

- madeline

madeline yakimchuk
Director: MEET IRENE - An Unlikely Vegan
GRYPHON media productions

RE: MEET IRENE an Unlikely vegan (the documentary)
Posted Friday, March 30, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Awesome! I liked "An Unlikely Vegan" on facebook sometime back.

Can't wait to see the finished product Smile

Craftycat - Southern, CA
~Isaiah 43: 18 & 19 - "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!"

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 505 active user sessions right now.

home | contact us | about us | support us | full disclaimer | privacy policy

PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-686-2210 | E-mail: pcrm@pcrm.org